publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and
links are made active if possible.  Please do not make changes without
permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this article is included in
would be
appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) .

Two Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dishes
By Monica Resinger
_http://homemakersjournal.com_ (
My husband, two kids and I go to my parents' house every Thanksgiving for a
wonderful home cooked dinner by my mom. One of my favorite dishes my mom used
to  make is Sweet Potato Casserole. The reason I say `used to' is because each
year  I ask my mom what dish I can bring and she now has me bring this and
another  dish, a salad.
My mom is a teacher's assistant at an elementary school and the Sweet  Potato
Casserole was one of the dishes brought to a potluck by another staff
member. My mom loved it so much she got the recipe and we've been having it
Thanksgiving since. It's more like a dessert than a side dish.
The Cranberry Fruit salad recipe I'm including was also found at a staff
potluck at the school where my mom works. It's sweet-tart, delicious and very
easy which is a big plus at Thanksgiving time! I hope you'll try them on your
tables this year.
Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 8
Two 16 Oz Cans Sweet Potatoes
1/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2  Tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Butter
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Flour
Heat yams & drain. Mash with other ingredients and mix well. Pour into
ungreased 9" square glass baking pan. Mix all topping ingredients till crumbly.
Spread on yams then bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
NOTES: May be made the day before and refrigerated before baking.
Happy  cooking - Mom
Cranberry Fruit Salad
one 12-oz pkg. fresh cranberries
one 20-oz can pineapple chunks,  drained
1 Cup sugar
1 pkg. mini marshmallows
one 12 oz. container  whipped topping
Put cranberries into food processor and process until finely chopped; ad
sugar and drained pineapple and process until blended.  Put cranberry  mixture
into a large bowl and fold in whipped topping and marshmallows.
Monica is the founder Homemaker's Journal E-publications, the growing home
of many fun and informative home and garden e-books, tip sheets, articles and
more!  _ (
Get a  FREE Slowcooker Recipe E-book when you subscribe to Monica's FREE
e-zine for  homemakers!  To subscribe and receive instructions for picking up
FREE  e-book, just send a blank e-mail to:
Feel  free to publish this article as long as the above bylines & this note
are  included; notification at [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
 would be  appreciated.