publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and
links are made active if possible.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) .

Thirteen Easy Ways to Reduce your Food Budget
By Monica  Resinger
_http://homemakersjournal.com_ (
When trying to cut expenses, food is a great place to start because there
are so many opportunities to save.  One way to watch your savings pile up  and
be able to use it for a goal, such as a vacation, down payment on a home or
paying off debt, is to put the cash you saved from any purchase into an
 or a jar until you get enough to make a bank savings deposit.  Make a
strict rule to not use the money for anything else but your goal.  Here are
thirteeen easy ways to reduce your food budget that will help you achieve  this:
1.  If you don’t want to stop going out to eat, check your local  newspaper,
the back of grocery receipts and junk mail flyers for restaurant  coupons.  A
lot of restaurants offer ‘buy 1 meal get 1 free’ on certain  days of the
week.  If you want to cut back even more, cut back on the  number of times you
out in a month or week.
2.  Shop grocery outlets.  Every major city has them.  Ours  is called *The
Canned Food Warehouse*.  Not every item in the store is a  deal; you have to
know normal food prices to compare, but when you do find a  deal, it is usually
a great one.  You will find enough of these deals to  make your trip worth it.
3.  Be sure to comparison shop.  Look at the sale tag on the  item’s shelf
and see how much per pound, ounce or whatever the item is sold  as.  Compare
that to the other products to determine which is the best  deal.
4.  Always check the weekly grocery ads for the good sales.  If  there is a
really good deal on something, be sure to buy it in multiples.   This will save
you from paying full price later.
5.  Use coupons for food products.  I have found the best way to  use them is
combined with a sale.  Most of the time, if you use a coupon  without
combining it with a sale, you will still be paying more than other  brands, so
sure to watch for this.
6.  Always use your leftovers.  This saves a tremendous amount of  money and
time by extending your shopping trips.  If you need ideas for  using
leftovers, check out *The Leftover Recipe E-book* that includes over 100  ideas
recipes for leftovers here:  _
7.  Grow as much produce as you can to eat fresh and/or preserve for  later.
To save as much money as possible, start plants from seed. This can  really
add up quick and you will know how your food was grown rather than  wondering
what chemicals may have been applied to the plants of the produce you
purchase.  If you purchase organic produce to relieve this worry, it can be
8.  Stop buying junk food, sodas and prepared food.  These are  not only
expensive, but unhealthy, therefore a waste of your hard-earned  dollars.
9.  Always shop with a grocery list and stick to it so you don‘t buy
unnecessary or expensive items.
10.  Never shop hungry!  Have you ever gone grocery shopping  hungry?  I have
and I wanted to buy everything in sight because everything  looked delicious!
 I didn't buy everything in sight, but, I did increase  our grocery bill that
day!  Also, because I was hungry, I didn’t feel like  shopping or making
decisions so this added to the problem.
11.  About Kids.  It is good training for kids, if they are old  enough, to
comparison shop; I usually ask mine to go get the cheapest ketchup,  or
whatever is nearby so I can still see them, so they get hands-on experience
need to supervise this in the beginning, then later you'll be able to  trust
they are making the right decisions).  Kids have a tendency to ask  for things
in the store; the best way to handle this is to let them get  something within
a set price limit and keep this limit each time you go  shopping.  If your
kids are younger, you may want to consider leaving them  at home with a friend
or relative; younger kids can tire and get difficult in  the store spoiling
your frugal efforts.
12.  Shop at the store’s off-peak hours when you will be less rushed  and can
make better decisions.
13.  For many, many more ways to save money, check out The Frugal  Living
E-book Package that includes the following 7 e-books:   ~ The  Big E-book of
Frugal Tips ~ Fantastic Frugal Grocery Tips
~ Homemade  Household Cleaners ~ Journal Jar (Wonderful Homemade Gift Idea) ~
Frugal  Creative Christmas Ideas! ~ Turn your Recyclables Into Crafts! ~ The
Leftover  Recipe E-Book
Click here for information:  _
Apply these tips to your life and I guarantee you'll see results!
Monica is the founder Homemaker's Journal E-publications, the growing home
of many fun and informative home and garden e-books, tip sheets, articles and
more!  _ (
Get a  FREE Slowcooker Recipe E-book when you subscribe to Monica's FREE
e-zine for  homemakers!  To subscribe and receive instructions for picking up
FREE  e-book, just send a blank e-mail to:
Feel  free to publish this article as long as the above bylines & this note
are  included; notification at [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
 would be  appreciated.