Dear Publishers,

publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do
not make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication  this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Get your Recipes Together!
By Monica Resinger
_http://homemakersjournal.com_ (http://homemakersjournal.com)

Here a few methods I have found to organize recipes:

PHOTO ALBUMS
Your can place clipped recipes and recipe cards in a any  type of photo album
(hint: go to the thrift stores and pick up inexpensive  albums) although the
type of albums that you can add pages to would be best  because this will help
you organize the album better. You can place tabs on  pages to divide the
album into categories then simply place your clipped recipes  into the
appropriate category. This method is a great way to keep all loose  recipes
together.
The plastic protection will help keep your recipes clean.

A RECIPE FILE
Get an accordion-type file to organize clipped recipes  and recipe cards.
Label each section with a different recipe category then  simply file your
recipes. This method will at least keep them all together and  is quick, but
you
will have to sort through all the recipes in a certain  category when trying to
find a particular recipe.

A RECIPE BOX
With a recipe box, you can put different categories onto  tabbed dividers and
you can buy more dividers if necessary. You can file clipped  recipes but it
is neater if you write them onto recipe cards which is time  consuming. As
with the accordion file, you'll have to sort through recipes in a  category to
find one.

A COMPUTER RECIPE PROGRAM
If you have a little spare time this is a  great way to compile all of your
favorite recipes--including ones in your recipe  books. These programs are
pre-formatted so you just fill in the blanks. It can  get time consuming
entering
in all your recipes, but if you stick to entering in  1 or 2 recipes a day,
you'll make some progress.

There's a number of benefits using this method, one being that you can
easily find recipes and print them out. You can print out recipes and make
homemade cookbooks to give to your friends and relatives. The program will
figure
the nutrition information for your recipes. Some programs offer a menu  maker
and a shopping list. It's also easy to locate certain recipes with certain
ingredients. For example, if I have ground beef on hand, I can do a search for
‘
ground beef’ and the program will bring up all recipes with ground beef in it.
Also, these programs come with recipes--so if you don't want to enter your
own,  you'll still have a great cookbook to use all these features on.

A THREE-RING BINDER
I use the three-ring binder in conjunction with my  recipe programs.  I have
put tabbed page dividers into it and labeled each  divider with its own recipe
category. Whenever I print out a recipe to use from  my recipe programs, I
punch holes in it and place it into the appropriate  category in the three-ring
binder. This eliminates the need for me to re-print  the recipe later.
I hope this article gives you some ideas for organizing  your recipes. Recipe
collecting can be a fun hobby especially if it is  organized!

Monica is the founder Homemaker's Journal E-publications, the growing home
of many fun and informative home and garden e-books, tip sheets, articles and
more!  _http://homemakersjournal.com/_ (http://homemakersjournal.com/)
Get a  FREE Slowcooker Recipe E-book when you subscribe to Monica's FREE
e-zine for  homemakers!  To subscribe and receive instructions for picking up
your
FREE  e-book, just send a blank e-mail to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Feel  free to publish this article as long as the above bylines & this note
are  included; notification at [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
 would be  appreciated.

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links