publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do not
make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Painting Rocks
By Monica Resinger

Painting rocks is something my kids and I occasionally enjoy.  We get a lot of
our ideas from the ‘Painting on Rocks’ books, however, this is not necessary.

Some ideas are:

~ Make address rocks for neighbors, friends or family by painting the rock a
color that coordinates with the house that you are making it for.  Paint on the
address number and a few little flowers or other decorations.

~ Have the kids paint them into ‘creatures’ or insects to decorate your garden.

~ Sometimes rocks come in unusual shapes such as hearts - accentuate that shape
with paint.  My daughter once used fabric paint and outlined a heart-shaped
rock with one color, then kept making new heart shapes inside each new heart in
a different color.  Some outlines she did as polka dots, some as dashed lines
and some as full lines.  It was really cute, but best of all, she had fun doing

~ Paint them into large flowers - sunflowers and daisies are easy flowers to
paint.  You can set these into a planter for a ‘rock garden’.

Monica is the founder Homemaker's Journal E-publications, the growing home of
many fun and informative home and garden e-books, tip sheets, articles and
Get a FREE Slowcooker Recipe E-book when you subscribe to Monica's FREE e-zine
for homemakers!  To subscribe and receive instructions for picking up your FREE
e-book, just send a blank e-mail to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

of the Authors Copyright.Yahoo! Groups Links