publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and links
are made active if possible.  Please do not make changes without permission.  A
courtesy copy of the publication this article is included in would be
appreciated; my e-mail is plantld...@aol.com

Create your Own Computer Cookbook
By Monica Resinger
http://homemakersjournal.com

I’ve always loved saving and trying new recipes from magazines and books.  When
we got Internet services, a whole new recipe world opened up!  I found e-mail
lists where people share recipes, ezines that have recipes published and I do
searches on the Internet for specific recipes when I need them.  Obviously, I
needed a way to save these recipes.

I found a quick, organized and easy solution, and you don’t need a recipe
program to do it.  I have found it time consuming to save recipes from the
Internet into recipe programs because they require you to type in each separate
ingredient into the program’s recipe format.  This is too time-consuming
especially when you’re scanning lots of recipes.

What you need to save recipes my way is a word processing program such as
‘Wordpad’, ‘Notepad’ or ‘Microsoft Works’.  Most new computers come with a word
processing program already installed on it, so if you have a fairly new
computer, you probably have a word pro
cessing program too.  I’m using Windows operating system.  Here’s a
step-by-step process of making your own computer cookbook.

1.  The first thing you will want to do is make a new folder somewhere in your
computer such as in ‘My Documents’ called ‘Recipes’, or whatever you want to
name your cookbook.  You can create a new folder by selecting ‘New’ under
‘File’, then select ‘Folder‘.  A new folder will show up and the computer will
prompt you to name it.

2.   Open a new document in the word processing program.

3.   Highlight the recipe you want to save by left clicking your mouse, holding
it down and dragging the cursor over the entire recipe you want to save.  This
should show black highlight over white text when you’re finished.

4.  Right click any part of the text you highlighted.  An options box should
pop up and you need to select ‘copy‘ from it.  Now you have copied the text
onto the clipboard of your computer.

it.  From the options box, select ‘paste’.  This will paste your recipe into
the document.

5.  Save your recipe by clicking ‘save’ in the word processing document.
Double click the ‘Recipe’ folder you created in step 1 to go into this folder.
Now you will want to=2
0make a new folder for this type of recipe.  Click the ‘New Folder’ icon at the
top of the ‘save‘ box. The new folder will pop up in the save box where you can
give it a name.  If your recipe is a spaghetti recipe for example, you can make
the new folder a ‘ground beef’, ’Italian’ or ‘main dish’ folder.  After you
have named the new folder, double click it so you will be saving the new recipe
inside of it.  Now name the recipe accordingly and click ‘save‘.

Follow this simple procedure for all your Internet recipes and soon you will
have your very own organized computer cookbook.  You can take this a step
further and type in your recipes to try or favorite recipes from cookbooks or
magazines; this will save space and money by eliminating the need for cookbooks
or recipe storage systems.

I find it very handy and I can find recipes easily.  When I want to try one, I
print it out.  Since it is in a word processing program, you can change the
font or the colors to jazz it up.

Monica is the founder Homemaker's Journal E-publications, the growing home of
many fun and informative home and garden e-books, tip sheets, articles and
more!  http://homemakersjournal.com/
Get a FREE Slowcooker Recipe E-book when you subscribe to Monica's FREE e-zine
for homemakers!  To subscribe and receive instructions for picking up your FREE
e-book, just send a blank e-mail to:  HomemakersJ
ournal-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

of the Authors Copyright.Yahoo! Groups Links