I first had to scroll over a lot of uninformative (?) debug symbols
stuff, only to see that the "real" difference in the packages had been
cut off from the output due to "Max output size reached".
Even if the output is not truncated, I've frequently had the case in
the past that the interesting part was hidden at the end or (worse)
somewhere in the middle, because -dbgsym packages were checked first.
So the idea would be simply to reorder the output to show the -dbgsym
and -dbg package differences last.
* Apply the max size filter also to subsections, e.g. cut off and
overly lengthy debug diff and still allow for other things to be
* Add a table of contents at the top to show which objects are diffed.
(The html anchors for jumping to the objects are already there :)
* Maybe add "collapse this section" knobs to allow hiding
uninteresting or already-read sections
* Maybe collapse some sections by default, e.g. the md5sums file
diff is neither helpful (there are just hashes) nor informative
(well there are differences elsewhere, so these are differing) in
* Drop the outmost table border, my browser already has a window
border of its own :)
Reproducible-builds mailing list