Please submit resumes to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Length of Project: 6 months
*Rate: $55/hr (MAX)*
AUTOMOBILE EXPERIENCE A BIG PLUS
MUSTS: Extensive experience in Oracle 10g RAC Implementation and support on
Solaris. Experience in Oracle 10g Dataguard Implementation and support on
Solaris. Extensive experience in OEM Grid Control implementation and
*Oracle Certification in Database Administration*
"POSITION PURPOSE: This position requires planning and management of all
technical and operational activities associated with database administration
function. The individual needs to be fully hands on and be able to
independently responsible for the definition, creation, maintenance,
performance tuning, capacity planning, problem resolution and software
upgrade of the relational database management systems within the computing
environments. The individual will need to provide coordination between user,
technical, application, and corporate entities to ensure effective database
management. Has a willingness to work with customers of various levels of
technical expertise. Above all the individual ensures solutions meet
business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust
and confidence in knowledge of and concern for users' business needs. Will
participate and/or lead large complex projects utilizing RDBMS technologies
and will demonstrate a high level of technical lead competency.
• Provide first through third-level database support.
• Closely monitor performance; identify problems and implement solutions;
ensure the database is running at optimum speed and efficiency.
• Respond quickly to refresh data; verify implementation of correct backup
strategy; develop recovery procedures; support recovery from loss of data
caused by user or system error.
• Install and upgrade RDBMS and related products to keep RDBMS at the most
applicable release and maintenance levels.
• Reorganize database structures as needed.
• Perform application refreshes on request.
• Provide assistance in database design as needed: publish standards and
work with development staff; standardize environment and improve efficiency.
• Monitor file system space, database allocation, etc.; verify efficient use
of disk storage; reclaim dead space; optimize space allocation and avoid
out-of space conditions.
• Create, develop, and review the physical model created from the logical
model, ensuring the de-tailed physical design of data structures and
databases complies with appropriate standards, guidelines, and procedures.
• Provide the appropriate tools, procedures, and facilities for creating and
maintaining the entity data enterprise model.
• Produce: entity relationship diagrams, data flow diagrams, database
normalization schemas, logical to physical database mapping, data table
• Develop rules, procedures, and standards for the access and maintenance of
shared data resources.
• Review overall physical database structures for data integrity,
performance quality, and recoverability, maintenance, and space requirement
• Communicate complex technical information in a concise and articulate
• Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of DBA tools and new DBMS
Thanks & Regards,
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at