*Please Send me the suitable profiles to [EMAIL PROTECTED] **for the
below mentioned requirement.*
*Position: Sr. IBM System Engineer*
*Location: Jersey City, NJ*
*Duration: 6+ Months *
*Rate: $55-59/Hr Best*
*Face to Face is required. Must be local to NY/NJ.*
Sr. IBM System Engineer for its Jersey City, NJ location. This is a contract
to permanent opportunity with an industry leader in the on-line financial
The IBM System Engineer manages the implementation of Enterprise Z systems
across multiple platforms. Engineers in this role serve as a liaison between
Operations, Infrastructure and Application Development regarding the
implementation and maintenance of Z/VM and Z/Linux. Maintains the
operational health of the IBM System Z infrastructure and the applications
used to control it. Evolves existing problems management processes to for
both development and production environments. Monitors log files,
performance issues and the production environment for mission critical
Strong understanding of IBM System Z, hardware and software architectures.
Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical
audiences. Needs to have a good understanding and experience of server and
client side architectures and systems design. Should have an understanding
of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit
into an existing environment. Must be a self-starter with the ability to
work independently and in a team environment.
Understands requested changes to Z series, its configuration and
implications to all user areas.
* Design, Plan and Implement Z series infrastructure
* Work with host groups to design Z series infrastructures that satisfy
* Management of Z series and configurations
* Management includes configuration, usage reporting, and allocation to
* Monitoring of file systems and Z series arrays will continue to be
performed by IBM and the Command Center.
* Collaboration with Architecture & Engineering on rules around IBM Z
* Create, document, and maintain rules of Z series systems and their
* Acquire, install, and allocate physical Z series and volumes to servers.
* Document Z series environment
* Create and maintain Z series documentation.
* Documentation to include all service levels for products and use of those
* First & second level support of Z series infrastructure
* Troubleshoot, maintain, and support of Z series and Z/VM.
* Work with host teams to resolve issues. Primary point of escalation to
* Z series vendor support contact
* Escalate Z series hardware and software related issues that cannot be
* Z series capacity planning and trending
* Work with server teams and application owners to plan for long-term and
short-term Z series and Z/VM needs.
* Pay attention to trends in Z series and Z/VM and make recommendations to
server teams and application owners.
* Update, maintain and tune z/VM operating systems and IFLs
* Understanding of configuring zLinux and Z/VM
* SMPE, HMC,OSA,I/O configurations, Book Technology, Capacity on Demand
* Mentor Junior personnel
* Out-of-the-box thinker driven to lower costs using
* Experience with SAN Switching Fabrics / protocols: Brocade, Cisco, Fiber
Channel, Fiber Channel over Internet Protocol (FCIP), FICON.
* Financial Services industry experience desired.
* Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills. Must be able to
prepare, present, and maintain technical documentation.
* Excellent computer skills are necessary in Microsoft Word, Excel,
Presentation, Project, and Visio.
*Primary Objective and Role:*
- Responsible for the providing comprehensive support for design,
implementation, and 3rd level support of all IBM System Z based applications
for all TD Ameritrade systems. This includes all program products require to
run on these platforms.
* 5+ years expertise in z/VM with Z/Linux
Thanks & Regards,
Main: 1-732-791-2348 xtn: 250
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Certified Minority Women Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) & Small Business
Note: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this
mail cannot be considered Spam as long as we include contact information and
a remove link for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our
mailing list reply with "remove" and include your "original email
address/addresses" in the subject heading. Include complete
address/addresses and/or domain to be removed. We will immediately update
accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience if any caused to you.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at