*Please submit resumes to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Location:* Richmond, VA
*Duration:* 6 months
*Rate: *$45/hr Corp to Corp (MAX)
*Position:* Sybase Admin/Developer
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures
for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database.
- Implements data models and database designs, data access and table
maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity
issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and +4 years of
experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision;
typically reports to a manager.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Needs to be a
seasoned (4+) SYBASE Database Administrator.
*Manager Update: *
1.) What versions of Sybase do they need?
The majority of our databases are 12.5 with some 12.0 and 15.0.
2.) What percentage of the time will they be developing versus
75% administering and troubleshooting issues.
3.) Is healthcare experience something you're looking for?
Healthcare knowledge may at times be beneficial but not a requirement.
• Experience with the TriZetto Facets package would be helpful.
• Sybase Replication administration is also important.
• We use BMC's SQL Backtrack for backup and recovery to TSM.
• Servers are AIX and HP (some Windows).
• There will be much activity around Sybase v15 upgrades.
4.) Is your team a matrix team?
No, we report to one management.
5.) If so, would you be willing to consider a candidate who may meets your
criteria but may have to work from an Well point location?
Our team works from various locations.
6.) By when do you anticipate starting the interview process?
Thanks & Regards,
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at