Please Send me the suitable profiles to

Position: Storage Engineer/Data Protector (HP)
Location: Framingham, MA
Duration: 6 Months

Best Rate: $40-45/hr

Job Description:

Must have recent and heavy HP Data Protector

Responsible for the implementation and on-going technical support of Staples
storage and backup infrastructure.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, day-to-day technical support,
proactive monitoring and management, evaluation of new and emerging
technologies, and maintaining third party support relationships.

. Provides technical support (including participation in a 24x7 on call
rotation) for complex production systems and services

. Proactively monitors infrastructure for optimal performance and provides
input for capacity planning

. Supports development activities and manages projects, and efforts that
require specialized infrastructure skills

. Defines infrastructure requirements for the implementation of new applications

. Provides technical support for Staples' business unit representatives and IS
organizations as required

. Maintains relationships with third party technical support providers

. Participates in the evaluation of new products and services

. Identifies areas where existing policies and procedures require change or
where new ones need to be developed

. Maintains all relevant documentation

. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement

. Provide mentoring, ongoing knowledge transfer and other technical guidance to
junior and mid level team members

Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:

1. Advanced knowledge with Symmetrix, Clariion, VTL, NAS, Switch fabric, BCV,
SRDF, Data Protector.

2. 7 - 10 years of experience as a System Administrator

3. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required

4. General UNIX and Linux (Red Hat) knowledge.

5. Scripting and programming skills (shell, awk, perl, python)

6. Understanding of Project management methodologies

7. Experience in developing scalable policies and procedures, including system
standards, capacity planning, and centralized management

8. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills