Please Send me the suitable profiles to

sop...@datagrp.com

Position: Matlab/Simulink Engineer
Duration: 9+ Months

Location: Eastern, IA
Rate: ALAP

Converting control system logic into Matlab/Simulink and developing a control
system modeling environment for ECU simulation.  This role would also be
involved in model based software design including testing using Matlab and
Simulink. In addition, the role would have some involvement in development of
documentation and training materials for the use of the Matlab/Simulink tools
for other groups.

The biggest experience qualification we need is minimum 2-3 years recent
experience with Matlab and Simulink modeling control systems.

Job Description:
- Gather requirements and write Feature Specifications for  engine control
algorithms.
- Model control algorithms in Matlab/Simulink, and perform virtual simulations.
- Assist in bench testing software and hardware to confirm  that the algorithms
function properly.
 Develop control strategies that maximize the performance, robustness, and
emissions of the engine controller (ECU) and the engine control system.
 Collaborate with Base Engine, Performance, Aftertreatment, and Vehicle
Application groups to define needs and provide recommendations for control
solutions.    This includes fueling strategies, air management, management of
aftertreatment devices, control of auxiliary engine components, interaction
with vehicle systems, and diagnostics.
 Define and document functional requirements for control features in Feature
Requirement Specifications documents and Matlab/Simulink models.
 Define and manage the technical content of software builds and support
development of software releases.
 Perform and/or support product verification and validation testing, which may
include virtual simulation with Matlab/Simulink, bench testing, test cell
support, and vehicle test support.

Required Skills:
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline  M.S. preferred.
Minimum 2-3 years experience with control systems design, preferably in diesel
engine technology.
Requires minimum 2-3 years of Matlab Simulink  modeling control systems.
Ability to develop models and simulate control algorithms.
Familiarity with hardware and software aspects of embedded control.
Ability to make decisions and communicate effectively with cross-functional
organization.
- Ability to gather requirements and write Feature Specifications for  engine
control algorithms.
- Experience with modeling control algorithms in Matlab/Simulink, and
performing virtual simulations.
- Ability to assist in bench testing software and hardware to confirm  that the
algorithms function properly.
- Strong communication/organization skills in order to interface with a variety
of  areas.