*Please submit resumes to go...@itlogix.com.*
*Job Overview:* We are looking for *Backup Storage Engineer *having good
experience with* Enterprise Storage technologies* & good experience
Backup Solutions *for* Norcross, GA (Atlanta suburb).*
*Position:* Backup Storage Engineer
*Location:* Norcross, GA (Atlanta suburb)
*Salary: *$45/hr all inclusive
*Position Type: *Contract
*Duration:* 6 Months+
*Start Date:* ASAP
*Job Description:* The Backup Storage Engineer is responsible for the
installation, implementation, and ongoing management of the backup
infrastructure for both distributed and mainframe products. This position
reports to the Backup Storage Manager and is part of a dedicated storage
team that works closely with other engineering teams to provide technical
support for all backup management-related activities. This individual may
also act as a liaison to other departments, representing the backup team on
all technical matters related to storage management.
This position requires a background in backup solutions and SAN (storage
area network) management, with a demonstrated ability to implement
solutions, manage change, and provision storage in a large-scale,
mission-critical, multi-TB storage environment.
Strong organizational and communication skills are necessary. A strong
background in designing, implementing, and supporting disk- and tape-based
storage infrastructures is required
*Job Duties & Responsibilities:* Duties will include
· *5-8 years experience with Backup Storage Management required*.
· Management, maintenance, and implementation of data backup
solutions, utilizing *EMC Symmetrix/DMX *and* Clariion arrays.*
· Should have experience in Management and maintenance of* CommVault
and Symantec Netbackup Backup Solutions.*
· Ability to apply knowledge of SAN fabric architecture and sound
technology architecture principles to deliver high-quality, cost-effective
· New technology awareness and research skills are necessary.
· 24x7 operations support and on-call support responsibilities.
· Ability to work on project teams, delivering on key project
milestones, and communicating effectively with a wide variety of people.
· Participation in Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning,
building, and testing.
· Experience with large storage environments (400TB+).
*Required Skills & Experience:*
· This position requires a strong technical background in industry
standard SAN and NAS (Network-attached storage) storage technologies, with
the proven capability to implement and support complex environments.
· Experience with EMC solutions is required, as is a strong knowledge
of UNIX operating systems and architecture.
· Experience in an e-commerce environment is strongly desired, as is
a working knowledge of networking protocols and components.
· Experience with Celera and the Clariion family of storage products
would be a plus.
· Excellent people and communications skills are an absolute
· Project management and excellent troubleshooting skills are
· Experience in performance, tuning, and capacity planning
· Experience with proactive monitoring and automation
· Experience with mainframe storage replication
· SAN switch technology management, storage provisioning, LUN
masking, zoning, performance management, and volume management.
· Installation, configuration, and ongoing operation of key EMC
Software products such as Control Center, PowerPath, Storage Scope, SRDF,
· Vendor management
*Education & Qualification:*
· Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related to IT
· Certifications with Backup Storage Technologies
Thanks & Regards,
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at