*Please submit resumes to go...@itlogix.com.*
PM_Redmond WA_12 months_open rate but low_Seimens
Non Technical Release/Support PM
Position Description: This new group is involved w/ multiple launches
related to cost initiatives. Looking for a strong Project manager w/ release
mgmt experience and a successful history of executing on tasks. This PM will
work w/ existing PM’s to manage/own specific pieces of existing business
within OS and Support environments. Will also help to develop new emerging
business, including within the security space. Assist on any new
opportunities to help customers as they come in with the end goal of driving
down costs and generating revenue. Help to release new toolsets, and
integrate and manage technical support offerings. Will work from a list of
multiple launches and efforts happening over the next 3-12 months.
• PM will work primarily on releases and business development efforts
(upselling support offerings tied to revenue generation)
• Help promote key initiative programs for new loyalty based support
• Develop, maintain, and manage program requirements, plans, timeline,
issues, risks and challenges.
• Work closely with program/process owners, stakeholders, and business
• Manage projects involving multiple parties/organizations with conflicting
agendas and business priorities
• Will follow standard release processes and work w/ known entities
• Will be involved with business development tasks, but will not be
producing new business plans
• Lead cross-organization project teams towards targeted and scheduled
• Engage with program/process owners, stakeholders and business partners as
necessary to communicate project objectives, strategy, tactics, and ongoing
• Engage w/ support delivery, making sure our plans are supported by
everyone in the ecosystem
• Ensure time based offerings in the windows space have reasonable
• 2-4 years of program management experience
• Strong project management and leadership skills, including good experience
at herding cats.
• Understanding of tool implications and ability to make good cross group
connections are essential.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft's products/services/applications
• Must possess strong cross team/group/org collaboration skills
• Ability to absorb multiple different paid support offerings we might
provide (including legal nuances)
• Must have excellent cross group communication skills to all levels
• Previous MS experience in a support environment is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
• PMP preferred, but not required.
• Bachelor's degree.
Thanks & Regards,
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at