Please don't reply on this mail.

Please Send me the suitable profiles to

Position: Oracle DBA

Location: San Jose, CA

Duration: 6 Months

Rate: $40/hr

8PM to 8AM in a NOC environment (wed, thurs, fri and every other tues).

This is primarily a Solaris environment so the people MUST be strong in this

Oracle DBA

Our client, in San Jose, CA, is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator to
join its Network Operations Center (NOC). The successful candidate will be
energetic, customer service oriented, technically talented, and experienced to
help support company sites and a suite of services in a 24/7, dynamic, and
fast-paced production environment. The ideal candidate has to be a self-starter
who is proactive and self-motivated to achieve operational excellence. We are
looking for an Intermediate to Advanced Level Oracle Database Administrator who
is versatile technically, has the aptitude to increase technical breadth, and
the attitude and personality to support a world class NOC organization.

Job Duties
Monitor and manage all production databases incl. hot stand-by and disaster
recovery systems
Maintain, tune and trouble-shoot Oracle 8i/9i/10g databases
First response resolution of all production database and storage alerts
Triage/assess/communicate technical issues
Assess systems utilization to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning
Problem ticket creation, processing, and queue management
Technical call management and facilitation
Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all
database related site features and functions
Able to create/revise documentation thoroughly for tactical use and training
Follow all documented processes and procedures
Provide timely feedback on process/procedural improvements and operational
Requires ability to work Day Shift on a 3/4 day work week basis

Job Requirements
8+ years Database Administration experience with strong OLTP, VLDB, and dot-com
skills desired
Proven hands-on troubleshooting skills in a very busy environment
Expert level understanding of database internals
Expert level Database and SQL tuning skills with hands-on experience in large,
very busy environments, preferably in the finance sector
Hands-on 9i RAC experience is preferred
Strong Unix skills required, preferably Solaris and Linux flavors.
Proven experience with command-line database tools (SQL*Plus, PL/SQL) and UNIX
development environments (Perl, Shell, CVS) required
Ability to provide reliable technical support and guidance on site issues in a
high velocity, dynamic environment
Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced
Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and

|Office: 1 - 732 - 791 - 2348 xtn: 250| Fax: 732 - 907 - 1174 | Email: | Website: |