Hi All,

Hope you are doing well!!!!

Please Send me the suitable profiles to

sop...@datagrp.com

Position: Unix System Administrator

Location: San Jose, CA

Duration: 6 Months

Rate: $40/hr

8PM to 8AM in a NOC environment (wed, thurs, fri and every other tues).

This is primarily a Solaris environment so the people MUST be strong in this
area.

UNIX Systems Administrator

Our client, in San Jose, CA, is looking for a UNIX Systems Administrator to
join its Network Operations Center (NOC). The successful candidate will be
energetic, customer service oriented, technically talented, and experienced to
help support company sites and a suite of services in a 24/7, dynamic, and
fast-paced production environment. The ideal candidate has to be a self-starter
who is proactive and self-motivated to achieve operational excellence. We are
looking for an Intermediate to Advanced Level UNIX System Administrator who is
versatile technically, has the aptitude to increase technical breadth, and the
attitude and personality to support a world class NOC organization.

Job Duties
Monitor and manage all production and sandbox systems and associated services
First response resolution of all production and sandbox alerts and related
problem reports
Triage/assess/communicate technical issues
Problem ticket creation, processing and queue management
Technical call management and facilitation
Able to create/revise documentation thoroughly for tactical use and training
Follow all documented processes and procedures
Escalate all site issues utilizing documented escalation matrix
Provide timely feedback on process/procedural improvements and operational
inefficiencies
Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site
features and functions

Job Requirements
Proven problem solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution and
availability of services
BS in technical field or equivalent experience
Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
2 or more years of NOC experience in a 24/7 environment, preferably in a high
volume website
3 or more years of Solaris and Linux administration experience
Working knowledge with scripting tools, e.g. Perl and UNIX shell scripting
Competent with common system administration applications/tasks, e.g. email
systems, DNS systems, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of
security, third-party software install/support
Solid understanding of UNIX-based operating systems, e.g. paging and swapping,
inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system
concepts like inodes, clustering, logical partitions
Experience with service/system monitoring tools, e.g. BigBrother, Nagios,
MRTG/RRD
Knowledge of relational databases, preferably Oracle
Basic LAN and WAN network knowledge
Ability to work in a structured technical environment utilizing a change
management system
Familiarity with batch job scheduling/administration
Experience with web development technologies like HTML, XML, XSL, Java
Flexibility to work Day, Swing, or Grave shifts
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact with
management and technical peers
Payments experience preferred but not required

Thanks & Regards,

Sophia Jones
Technical Recruiter
Data Group, Inc.