Please don't reply on this mail.

Please Send me the suitable profiles to

Position: Oracle DBA (50%) + SQL DBA (50%)

Duration: 7+ Months

Location: Chicago, IL (Locals only) (F2F Required)

Rate: $41/hr

Resume must clearly articulate the size of the environments - both # of
databases they supported as well as the sizes for SQL instances and Oracle
instances for the past 2 years.

Please have the candidates list security and patching experience for both
Oracle and SQL Server.

Must have been responsible for 50 or more databases at one time.

Resume must clearly articulate substantial SQL Server & Oracle work. Stating
SQL Server as a 'skill' is NOT sufficient.

Work with both SQL Server and Oracle must be recent!

May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and 6 - 8 years of experience
in the field or in a related area.

This isn't for a specific project. It is production support work for existing
databases and applications. So we need someone who has experience doing base
support, as opposed to project work.

Day to day phone calls and email requests, enhancements and table changes,
production to test refreshes, things that are broken and need to be fixed,
enhancing existing UNIX monitoring scripts, etc.

. SQL Server DBA skills - installing SQL server, backup and recovery,
performance and tuning.
. Oracle DBA skills - Oracle 9 required, 10g nice to have.
. Support for oracle on Unix/Intel (AIX, HP, Windows).
. Unix Korn shell scripting for monitoring oracle.
. Oracle backup and recovery using RMAN.
. Oracle performance and tuning.
. Oracle installs and upgrades - patching.
. Oracle proactive monitoring.
. Oracle database design.
. Oracle utilities like export / import for complicated database refreshes.
. Perl skills - familiarity with Perl - we are using it to monitor SQL server.

Must be a clear communicator - we do tons of conference calls with clients -
must be easy to understand. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and
clients at once.

Hiring Manager has replaced 3 people because they said they could do this and
they couldn't!

Must be a self starter who takes initiative. Be able to do 24x7 support.

Must be able to troubleshoot system problems and work quickly to resolve system
outages the problem. Excellent communication skills.

Ability to work within a large and diverse team in many different cities.

Must be able to communicate effectively with different teams and provide
courteous customer service.

Must be able to achieve results with little supervision.

Must be willing to persevere until problems are resolved and seek help from
team members when appropriate - 'can do' attitude.

Must comply with company policies on change approvals.

. Teradata DBA
. Veritas NetBackup experience
. HP OpenView experience
. HP Perf View and/or Glance
. Linux experience

Job Description:

50/50 Oracle/SQL experience.  DBA role will be doing security changes on many
Oracle/SQL Servers.

Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for
ensuring the security and integrity of the company database.

Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance
codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues,
replication, and other distributed data issues.

Tech Questions for all candidates to submit answers to:
* When was your last installation of SQL Server?
* What versions of SQL Server have you installed?
* What use do you think applications should make of database links? Why?
* What grants are generally appropriate to make in Oracle to the owner of a

<<inline: clip_image001.jpg>>