Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Ann Harbour, MI
Duration: June- Dec 09
Candidate will work as a member of our Center of Excellence team within
Thomson Healthcare. This team is responsible for designing and developing
Business Intelligence reports to meet product and customer needs. This
position will work closely with other team members to understand business
requirements in order to facilitate the design, development, and testing of
· As a member of the Cognos Center of Excellence team, support the
creation of a business model and process for interactions between
market-facing account teams and the Cognos Center of Excellence.
· Translate the Account Group Reporting (AGR) business, reporting,
and application requirements into professional and compelling Cognos
· Build and maintain a library of standardized reporting packages,
templates, and tools for re-use by the Cognos Center of Excellence team,
account teams, customers, and software development.
· Estimate, plan, and prioritize development work within the AGR
project. Track and report on task progress, meet schedules and mandated
· Support broad knowledge transfer and rollout of Cognos proficiency
to internal Thomson Reuters staff and external users in conjunction with the
new AGR application availability.
· Effectively work in a cross-market, cross functional team
· Manage multiple and completing priorities.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Does not supervise others.
· Directly supervised by Development Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
· Advanced technical proficiency in the use of Cognos 8 Business
Intelligence tools, especially in the areas of Report Studio advanced report
authoring and working with dimensional data sources.
· Advanced technical proficiency in the use SQL and MDX.
· Strong teamwork skills, 5+ years experience working as part of a
development team, including good mentoring skills.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Exceptional design, code and testing skills
· Capable of identifying issues and driving them to resolution
· Ability to accomplish assigned duties on time and with very little
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Ability to work independently in a team environment.
Required Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Computer Science, Business
Administration or related disciplines
· 3+ years experience with the Cognos 8 Business Intelligence
Desired Qualifications and/or Experience
· Cognos 8 Certification.
· Experience with Oracle preferred.
· Experience with ETL tools including DataStage.
· Experience with Healthcare industry concepts and methodologies.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at