Please don't reply on this mail.

Please send me the suitable profiles to

LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA (Need Local Only/F2F is Required)

Job Description:

Interview Process: phone then f2f at your own expense

Top Skills Needed: DB2

As part of a DBA team, this position will be responsible for providing 24x7
production support of DB2 LUW databases/applications, designing both logical
and physical database structures; ensuring data integrity through backup and
recovery strategies; providing development support for application teams.

The ideal candidate would also have systems administration knowledge on Linux,
Unix, and Windows operating systems, and a very strong background in designing,
optimizing, and supporting high volume transactional databases and large data
warehouse environments.
Specific tasks include:
. Provide DB2 LUW database design, development, and implementation
. Develop and implement physical models (data type, indexing, table design,
. Ensure adherence to Sun Trust corporate standards for Database Administration
. Provide oversight of and recommendations on DB2 LUW leading practices
. Participate in on-site DBA implementation activities as needed
. Participate in capacity planning and sizing activities to define the
appropriate hardware and software to meet requirements
. Implement configuration and tuning improvements within the LUW environment
3 - 5 years experience in managing DB2 distributed database environments;
demonstrated advanced expertise in high volume large scale partitioned
databases and data warehousing; IBM certification a strong plus
. Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for assigned databases
. Develop and implement data security guidelines while making data available to
those authorized to have access
. Ensure the technical integrity of corporate databases by protecting against
the loss or misuse of information and designing backup/recovery strategies
. Superior analytical skills, outstanding ability to trace problems back to
origin and determine/document root cause
. Works independently with no supervision and very little guidance; exceptional
listening and communication skills
. Provide database design, development, and implementation; database and
application performance tuning
. Successful at working with clients to understand the business needs and
developing effective, scalable and maintainable database instances to meet the
business requirements
. Industry leading knowledge of high volume complex DB2 distributed database
. Expert working knowledge of the physical data model design and DDL
. Expert working knowledge of high transaction volume large scale partitioned
databases and data warehousing

<<inline: clip_image001.jpg>>