Please don't reply on this mail.

Please send me the suitable profiles to

Position: UDB DBA

Location: Minneapolis, MN

Duration: 6+ Month Contract

Rate: $50/hr

As a Database Administrator you will assist with projects for Data
Warehouse/Business Intelligence initiatives and key transactional systems. Your
primary focus will be to monitor, manage and maintain the DB2 Database for
Business Intelligence framework for Target in a very large database (VLDB)
environment. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving overall
stability proactively through continuous monitoring.

Required Experience:
Experienced DB2 V9 DBA
" Participate in 7x24 on-call rotation
" Improving the quality of the operational environment by monitoring, reducing
or eliminating unplanned outages, defects, and problems, and by increasing
reliability, and availability
" Proven ability to create, administer, migrate and effectively performance
tune high availability DB2 databases
" Aptitude towards proactive systems monitoring
" Experience Writing and Tuning simple and complex SQL statements
" Experience with logical to physical data model conversion
" Must possess working knowledge and hands-on experience in following:
o Data movement in DB2 (load, import, move)
o Database recovery (backups & restores)
o Performance Tuning (Reorgs, Indexing, runstats, SQL tuning)
o Database Upgrades (Full version and fixpaks)
o Problem Identification (Snapshots, db2explain, db2diag.log, db2pd)
o Performance Tuning of complex SQL statements
" Good understanding of
o DB2 configuration parameters
o Db2 Registry variables
o DB2 Explain
o Query Performance Tuning
o Kornshell scripting

Desired Experience:
" Previous experience in following technologies will be a plus
o DB2 Database Partitioning Feature
o Materialized Query Tables
o Multi Dimensional Clustering
o Query Patroller
o DB2 Governor
o DB2 Compression
o DB2 Secure Shell (SSH) configuration
o Erwin
o Datastage ETL jobs tuning
Job Requirements
" 4-year college degree or equivalent IT industry experience

<<inline: clip_image001.jpg>>