Title: Business Analyst/Product Manager
Location: Rockville, MD
Duration: 1 Year +
*** Department: Building investment/planning proposal system with integrated
Interview process: Phone screen then in person
****Manager is open to non local candidates but they will need to relocate
at their OWN expense.
**There is a possibility that the assignment might be extended to 4/30/2011.
However this may not be the case. The current end date is 8/31/2010.
The Business Analyst for Thomson Reuters Wealth Management is responsible
for analyzing and documenting the business requirements and functional
specifications for a major client. This application creates investment
recommendations, using client profiling, model matching, portfolio
analytics, and trade execution to deliver detailed investment plans. In
addition, the Business Analyst will support integration and data conversion
activities through detailed analysis and documentation of functional
In order to perform this job effectively, the individual must have excellent
written and oral communication skills. The ability to create clear, concise
business requirements is essential to this position. Additionally, the
individual must be comfortable facilitating groups and bringing stakeholders
with different opinions to a consensus on business issues. As a business
analyst, this individual will have frequent communication with senior
business and technical managers at client sites.
The individual must have aptitude to understand and interpret technical
requirements and limitations. To successfully perform this function, the
business analyst must be able to identify high-level technical requirements
and limitations and work with architects and senior developers to formulate
The individual must be familiar with trading system concepts and design of
large financial applications.
• BA or BS degree (preferably in business related field)
Years of Experience:
• 3-5 years product management or business analyst experience
• Participate in the gathering of business requirement and use cases
and documentation of specifications for several large, complex enhancements
to this application
• Perform hands-on work to assist other team members in writing,
reviewing and editing product documentation for other enhancements that are
delivered as part of this project.
• Serve as a resource for development team (IT) in addressing issues
related to requirements, functional specifications and use cases.
• Work with the internal QA team to ensure a transfer of requirements
knowledge to all key internal constituents.
CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS THESE SKILLS if submitted:
1. Investment Industry Experience
2. Strong knowledge of Financial Concepts
3. Design application
• Strong knowledge of financial concepts, including investment
instruments, asset allocation, and portfolio analytics.
• Experience with design of financial applications, user interface and
workflow, web application design. (Does not require specific tools)
• Experience in documenting of business requirements, use cases and
detailed functional specifications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working directly with clients to gather and analyze
business requirements and use cases
• Ability to work independently to investigate and resolve issues,
perform analysis, document results.
• Our employees embrace a number of commonly shared values -
collaboration, accountability, customer focus, a bias toward action and
results, entrepreneurial spirit and, at all times, the highest ethical
standards. These values represent the behavior each employee is expected to
exhibit in their role. In our view, fostering a culture that embodies these
values will lead to success and growth for our employees and our business.
Nice to have: Knowledge of security types
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at