Title: Business Objects
Location: Nutley, NJ
Length: 2 Months+
Exposure to Oracle and SQL database systems is a must
The End User Services’ associate monitors and controls the service as
delivered by PGM Delivery and Production Services or vendors such as IT
consulting firms (i.e. Accenture) or secondary data providers to ensure
· performance targets (e.g. cost and quality) are met,
· the end customer remains satisfied with the services,
· the expected service delivery benefits are achieved,
· the services continue to be performed and delivered in the
expected manner, services continue, in any changed circumstances that may
occur in Roche or with vendors, to be the right services, delivered to the
right people, at the right time.
The End User Services’ associate is concerned with the detailed aspects of
service delivery to the end customer, but is not concerned with contracts;
whereas GTN, M&CA or Marketing/brand team functions which own agreements for
services such as data, are concerned with the vendors’ performing their
obligations under the contract, of which services is just a part, and is not
concerned with the services being delivered.
The End User Services’ associate manages delivery of multiple data,
application and other information services within Roche in alignment with
business requirements and goals. The End User Services’ associate plans and
delivers the technical service activities. He or she develops and manages
business and technical knowledge in the business function and application
area. The associate acts as the single-point-of-contact between PGM delivery
teams, vendors and the Roche business functions. The End User Services’
associate coordinates the software delivery lifecycle and best practices.
· Oversee the performance of the services on a day-to-day basis.
· Regular liaison with business functions, or directly with vendors
as to how and when required changes and/or improvements to the service can
be brought about.
· Lead the discussions on any proposed changes or improvements to
the services which the customer group and any other relevant parties make.
· Exercise with the PGM functions change control, and acceptance
testing over any changing or new service elements.
· Act as a single point of contact for all queries and issues in
connection with the services.
· Take day to day responsibility for the ownership and resolution
(including any referral or escalation as may be necessary) of all issues
which arise in connection with the services.
· Generate and coordinate the service-related tasks to complete
fixes or minor enhancements.
· Develop service delivery proposals and identify business
requirements with business sponsor and subject matter experts.
· Work with End User Services’ manager; help translate major
business requirements into system/functional specifications.
· Oversee a service audit which may include surveying end users’ on
the quality and satisfaction with BO or BO software and BO-dependent
applications, or services such as help desk, data or data stewardship.
· Periodic review of the services, including future plans and risk
assessment as required.
· In support of the EUS manager who owns the service, through whom
strategic management of the service should be exercised:
o Consider the services at a strategic level in the light of emerging
external events, Roche’s latest business and development strategy, and the
vendor's business condition,
o Identify any new activities to become part of the existing
o Consider changes to improve the structure or management of the
· Review the vendor’s performance (i.e. SAP/BO) of the services,
including service trends, service achievements, and any service exceptions.
· Liaise with service vendors such as Accenture, HP or TCS.
Skills and attributes
· Interfaces with customers, end-users and providers/vendors, and
maintains effective relationships within Roche’s PGM and business functions.
· Has sufficient standing and empowerment within Roche to allocate
resources in support of the services.
· Shows detailed knowledge of the service requirements of the
· Has experience in developing the requirements to purchase, design,
develop and provide services.
· Knows how the services perform against agreed and "best of breed"
· Knows industry best practice in service delivery (benchmarking)
and in the use of appropriate measurement metrics and techniques.
· Co-ordinates multiple services from vendors with needs from
· Prioritizes and makes appropriate trade-offs.
· Has a track record ensuring application availability and capacity
(minimal service outage).
· Adapts services to changing requirements within agreed parameters.
· Has business knowledge helpful in negotiating services to be
· Identifies and realizes opportunities for improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
· 5-7 years experience in in informatics, IT services or technology
(1+ in project management)
· Excellent understanding of the features and functions of CRM
sales, business intelligence and business applications
· Solid know-how in the field of software development methodologies
· Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and information needs in
the sales, marketing or other business areas preferred
· Know-how of project management practices
· University degree
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at