*Title: Software Engineer III
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Length: 4 Months+
* Position Summary
Candidate will work as a member of our AGR software development team. The
AGR development team within Thomson Healthcare is responsible for designing,
developing, and launching a web based Business Intelligence tool to help our
customers make informed (and cost-effective) decisions.
This position is responsible for analyzing the build/deploy/release steps of
the application and translating those into automated workflow tasks. The
steps include understanding the requirements, designing the solution,
installing the various software components, and workflow creation
(check-out, build, package, and deploy).
The successful candidate will be able to follow the existing change
management and release management processes and policies and contribute in
· Primary Duty to design and develop an automated process to build and
deploy java web applications.
· Responsible for implementation of the automated AGR
· Responsible for writing large sections of technical
specifications, generating innovative approaches and solutions.
· Provide detailed design, coding, and testing of assigned software
modules with limited direction from Development Manager.
· Work independently on complex tasks.
· Produce well-written technical documentation.
· Work within a structured development environment that includes
design and code reviews, version control, and automated unit testing. Follow
a defined product development process.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Does not supervise others.
· Directly supervised by Development Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Exceptional design, code and testing skills
· Capable of identifying issues and driving them to resolution
· Ability to accomplish assigned duties on time and with very little
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Ability to work independently in a team environment
· Strong teamwork skills, 5+ years experience working as part of a
development team, including good mentoring skills.
Required Education and/or Experience
· BS in Computer Science or related technical field
· 5+ years experience developing commercial software applications in
a structured environment
· 3+ years experience with Java technologies
· Expertise in build automation concepts and software development
· Experience creating build/deploy workflows leveraging Ant, Anthill
Pro, Perl, Maven, and Cruise Control.
Desired Qualifications and/or Experience
· Experience scripting on the Linux platform is highly desired.
· Experience and understanding of Change Management is highly
· Experience with Software Versioning tools is a plus
· Experience with Healthcare application development is a plus
Material and Equipment Directly Used
Requires the use of office equipment, including [desktop computer or laptop
computer with dock station, monitor, keyboard and mouse, handheld device,
fax, copier, and telephone.]
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Office environment; Minimal travel required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of
the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended
to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job as
of the date this job description was prepared. Management reserves the right
to modify this job in order to meet business needs.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at