*We have an Urgent requirement for MicroStrategy BI Engineer (Consultant)*
*Duration: 6+ months*
*Location: Harrisburg, PA*
- We are looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer - BI to help build and
maintain the enterprise data warehouse.
- This role will create batch processes that generate content which
propagate to production databases.
- The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of technical and
functional designs for Database, Data Warehousing, Reporting, and Data
- This job plays a key role in data/web analytics platform
development/support, projects, and systems design and development.
- This team is accountable for ensuring that the overall functional and
technical design of work processes and applications meet business and
- In addition, the work must be sustainable and conform to operation
- Develop and maintain BI reports, dashboards and end-user applications
- Design, develop and implement BI systems enabling non-technical users
to leverage data for strategic decision-making.
- Utilize various reporting tools to deliver insights to targeted
- Develop extensible components on top of BI tools in line with business
priorities, e.g. Flash/Flex-based components in Report Services, portal
integration, and standard object creation (templates, filters, prompts,
- Stay up to speed on the latest technologies and facilitate plans to
incorporate new features in overall product usage.
- Be involved in full lifecycle development and implementation enterprise
data warehouse, BI reporting and analytical services.
- Develop ad hoc interfaces enabling end-users to generate their own
- Resolve user-identified functional and technical issues relating to
Data Mart and reporting services.
- Establish efficient design and programming patterns for engineers as
well as for non-technical peoples.
- 5 years of MicroStrategy report development, administration, and
- 5 years of intensive experience in the analysis, design implementation
and support of complex applications and/or BI solutions
- Strong hands-on data warehousing experience with BI concepts and tools
such as Teradata, Hyperion, Business Objects, Microstrategy and SAS
- 3+ years of experience with very large (multi-terabyte) databases
- Solid understanding of systems engineering (to ensure high performance
BI architecture using CPU, memory, storage, caching, etc. efficiently
- Ability to write and understand scripting languages (UNIX Shell
Scripts, Perl, Python)
- Proficiency with dashboards, reporting data models, security/access
controls, integration, scalability/tuning, quality assurance and
- Experience designing data models, metadata, cubes and drill through
- Demonstrated knowledge of DW data population techniques for target
structures such as Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, and 1-3NF data models.
- Ability to translate a relational data model into a dimensional model
on a database platform
- Strong SQL programming skills & Strong relational database knowledge
- Possesses a broad understanding of the current and future architecture
- 5 years experience working extensively with SQL, including the ability
to write, analyze, and debug queries.
- Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation
& Load), architecting efficient software designs.
- Experienced implementing data warehouses using Oracle (PostgreSQL,
MySQL is a plus).
- Ability to work in a team environment, interacting with multiple groups
on a daily basis (very strong communication skills).
*If you are interested in this position please respond me with a word
formatted résumé, rate and Contact details*
Thanks & Regards
Main: (734) 437-5500 Ext:888
Direct: (734) 862-1950
Fax: (734) 437-5508
*iGrid Technologies, Inc.*
*Listen, Think and Deliver...*
www.igridtechnologies.com Y IM : *chandu_staffing*
** Note: We respect your Online Privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail.
Under Bills 1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S.Congress, this mail
cannot be considered Spam as long as we include contact information and a
method to be removed from our mailing list. To be removed from our mailing
list, please reply with "REMOVE" in the subject line and your email address
in the body. Include Complete Address and/or Domain/Aliases to be removed.
We sincerely regret any inconvenience**
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at