Title: System Engineer / Application Support
Location: Rockville, MD
Length: 12+ months
Scope of Position:
Perform installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the
system is functioning according to specifications. Provides software
development and consultation to prospective users.
1. Troubleshooting routine product issues (Incident Tracking and
2. Participate as an active member of the in the software development
lifecycle, through attending new feature requirements reviews and developing
leading edge processes to support these new product enhancements.
3. Act as the primary business liaison to the business segment, through
facilitating communication between Development, QA, Product Management,
Technical Operations and Segment business leaders on new product releases,
technical outages, and routine maintenances (hosting moves). Effective
communication and presentation to key business stakeholders are
4. Develop, facilitate and maintain best of breed product support tools
including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent business degree
preferred; minimum of 3 years professional technology experience is
• 3+ years experience with administration of Windows 2000/2003 systems.
• Excellent understanding of and experience troubleshooting:
• Proven experience supporting client facing, web based applications.
• Experience in Software Development Lifecycle
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Experience working in the financial industry is a plus.
Education and NECESSARY INDUSTRY Experience:
• 4 year college degree (technical or business degree preferred)
• 5-7 years of professional technical experience.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at