We have an immediate need for a Project Manager in Helena MT.
Duration: 6 months +
Rate: $62 - $65 per hour is the best.
The position will serve as a Senior Project Manager on projects assigned by
the Information Technology and Processing Bureau, Bureau Chief. The Project
Manager will assist in defining project goals and objectives and
establishing the methods and means utilized in accomplishing those
objectives. Primary contacts include the State IT Project Management Office,
IT Managers or CIOs, Bureau Chiefs, Unit Managers, Budget Analysts, and
Vendors. This position will require the individual to be flexible and have
insight to the big picture when working on any assigned project.
Candidate selected will be responsible for project management through a
framework of project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and
control, and closure activities. This involves directly managing the project
scope, schedule and budget by applying project management principles,
methodologies, and practices as defined by the State IT Project Management
Office utilizing the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) as the
- Development of project management plan, WBS, project schedule, and all
associated documents as prescribed by the State’s methodology to manage
- Conduct weekly project status meetings with project stakeholders.
- Assist the IT Manager and Business Project Manager on the management of
the project’s budget, plan and schedule.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate all issues, risk, and change risk to
minimize impact to project’s schedule, budget, or scope.
- Prepare weekly status report for weekly meeting with the State IT PMO.
- Present issues, risk, and change request at weekly project status
*Project Initiation and Planning*
- Develop project plans by integrating and documenting project scope,
deliverables, processes, procedures, risks, and tasks to facilitate project
execution, control, and closing processes.
- Document assumptions by determining information that must be validated
or situations to be controlled during the project to facilitate the project
- Determine project objectives and scope by identifying and working with
project stakeholders to meet their requirements, specifications, and/or
- Develop project strategies by evaluating alternative approaches to meet
stakeholder requirements, specifications, and/or expectations.
- Partner with other management staff to estimate project deliverables,
create staffing plans, and build schedules.
- Document project constraints through coordination with stakeholders and
review of policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Develop resource management plans (staff, procurement, etc.) by
identifying resource requirements and obtaining commitments from internal,
external, and procured sources to complete all project activities.
- Refine project requirements, assumptions, and constraints through
communication with stakeholders, and/or reviewing project documents to
baseline scope of work and enable development of an execution plan.
- Refine project time and cost estimates by applying estimating tools and
techniques to all tasks to determine and define project baseline, schedule,
- Identify performance criteria by referring to product/service
specifications and process standards to ensure and/or support the quality
- Develop project management process outputs by applying appropriate
practices, tools, and methodologies to ensure required product/service
- Produce formal project planning documents such as: project charters,
project scope statement, communications plan, risk plan, quality assurance
plan, and staffing plan.
- Create procurement documents such as: Statements of Work (SOW),
Contractor Engagement Proposals (CEP), and Request for Proposals (RFP),
Requests for Information (RFI), Information Technology Procurement Requests
- Obtain project plan approval by reviewing the plan with department
management and project stakeholders.
- Balance stakeholders’ interests by recommending approaches that strive
for fair resolution to satisfy competing needs and objectives.
*Project Execution, Monitoring and Control*
- Implementing the project plan by ensuring execution of project
activities and tasks to produce project deliverables on-time and on-budget.
- Direct and review the project work plan, monitor workflow, and ensure
performance measures and program standards are met.
- Manage risks, defects, budget, conversion activity, requirements
management, and testing reporting.
- Manage change control processes, including risk assessments,
identification, and mitigation.
- Implement quality assurance procedures by performing project control
activities to meet project objectives.
- Provide budget-related information to the project sponsors and
administrator for the preparation of project budgets.
- Monitor project accounts by reviewing expenditures and accounting
- Monitor project activity by performing periodic inspections to ensure
that authorized approaches and processes are followed.
- Continually measure project performance by comparing results to the
baseline to identify project trends and variances and recommend corrective
action when significant differences exist.
- Develop recommendations for the project sponsors and administrator on
issues including budget deficiencies or modifications.
- Work with ITSD budget analyst to ensure contractor payment, warranty,
and holdback management for department project contracts.
- Respond to risk event triggers in accordance with the risk management
plan to properly manage project outcomes.
- Address root causes in any problem areas to eliminate or minimize
- Timely report issues of concern to the Project Management Bureau Chief,
project sponsor(s), and/or steering committee so that corrective action can
- Produce written and oral project reports that provide timely and
accurate project status and decision support information to project team.
- Provide regular and timely feedback throughout the project life cycle
to Project Management Bureau Chief, department management, team members, and
other project stakeholders.
- Assist in evaluating the work of project team members and the
effectiveness of project and management plans to ensure compliance with
standards and plans.
- Directly or indirectly supervise professional and technical staff
depending on the project and as required by the department.
- Represent the project team to department management, external agencies,
vendors, and other stakeholders as requested by department management.
- Manage the completion of the project, including ensuring sign-off on
deliverables by all responsible parties and finalization of all paperwork.
- Document lessons learned by surveying project team members and other
relevant stakeholders to use for the benefit of future projects.
- Facilitate administrative and financial closure in accordance with the
project plan to comply with organization and stakeholder requirements.
- Preserve essential project records, documents, and required tools by
archiving them for future use to adhere to legal and other requirements.
*Knowledge & Experience*
· Managed projects to an accumulated total exceeding 6000 hours
· Minimum 8 years project management experience
· PMP Certification or educational equivalent (i.e. University
· Demonstrated delivery of PMBOK referenced Minimum Core Competency
· Demonstrated Project Delivery (verifiable)
· Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Business , or Project
· And Greater than 150 Hours of classroom instruction or equivalent
in Project Management.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at