San Jose, CA
Duration: 6 months Contract to Hire
Pay rate: $40/hr
Us Citizens/EAD or Green Card Holders only
Member of Hosting Operations team with shared responsibility for the day to
day operation of the hosting and associated support platforms within the
hosting infrastructure. This position will provide technical and strategic
direction to the operations team in relation to ongoing support/maintenance
and direction for platform evolution.
*Essential duties and responsibilities:**
*• Perform day-to-day operational support of the *UNIX/Windows* shared
hosting environment including authentication, mail, scripting and escalation
• Perform new server builds (*Solaris, Linux, BSD, some Windows*)
• Perform system, network and capacity monitoring of production and lab
• Participate in engineering development of new products and projects in
both the lab and production environments.
• Participate in and contribute to the development and implementation of
support tools and resources to enhance the local and remote support
capabilities of the shared hosting environment.
• Develop, implement and maintain systems documentation and operational
• Coordinate with developers, product management and network staff on issues
related to existing system enhancements and new system implementations.
• *Provide 24x7 on call support* on a rotating basis; some after-hours
scheduled maintenance events**
*Specific Skills and Experience Required*
• Minimum of *5 years experience as a UNIX systems administrator* in a *heavy
• *Expert level knowledge* of the *UNIX* and UNIX like operating systems.
• Intermediate to advanced scripting skills and experience with *shell &
• Hands on experience with *Sun and X86 hardware platforms*.
• Hands on management and *tuning experience with Network Appliance* *or
other mass storage platforms.*
• Hands on experience with *Postfix, SMTP, PopMail, SSH, HTTP* as well as
open source monitoring and reporting tools such as *Nagios and Cacti*.
*Preferred skills and Experience*
• *Authoritative and caching DNS experience in an ISP environment.*
• Familiarity with *MYSQL, MSSQL and PostGres*.
• Familiarity with the various flavors of the *Windows, Solaris 9/10,
FreeBSD, Centos and Linux operating systems*
• *Understanding* of the software development processes and cycles.
• Experience with *XEN, VMware or other virtualization technologies*.
• *In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, NFS, IPF, ZFS***
Syed Muzaffer Ali
Sr. Technical Recruiter
1304 W Walnut Hill Lane, Ste 240 | Dallas, TX | 75038.
D:- 972.756.0622 x 215 | fax 972.756.0644
*s...@cigniti.com* <nav...@cigniti.com> |
find me online YIM: syed.recrui...@ymail.com <khan.h...@gmail.com>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at