Websphere System Architect
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: 6+ months
Job responsibilities include:
- Perform daily proactive health checks of all Production IVR environments.
- Program transactional testing and monitoring to provide tier-1 support for
issues and outages
- Attend SWAT calls to diagnose and resolve issues
- Provide RCA (root cause analysis) and Preventative Actions related to
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant
• 2 years’ experience required.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer
service and interpersonal skills
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time
• Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from
business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional
specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery;
• Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to
• Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms.
Activities of this Role include:
• Daily password checkouts of each server
• Trouble shooting possible Websphere related issues
• Configure new Websphere instances as needed
• Configure datasource settings as needed (i.e. new MQ channels)
• Deploy VSS code to CIT daily during Testing phases of projects and twice
weekly during the development phases of projects
• Create ADR scripts for UAT & PROD code deployments by IBM
• Support patching requirements done by IBM quarterly for unix servers
• Work with resources to support proactive health monitoring of WAS
• Additional Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
• Installing the WebSphere software on AIX
• Creating Cells/Nodes/Application Servers, Federating nodes and
creating/configuring application server clusters
• Configuring Enterprise Applications and MQ resources
• Configuring WebSphere Security using LDAP
• Automating Enterprise application installations and resource
configurations using scripting
• Understanding webserver plugin configurations
• Understanding J2EE platform.
• Basic Shell scriptting (maintenance for the Framework scripts and reports
• Basic LDAP knowledge.
• Basic Java skills.
• Basic understading of MQ
• Unix Scripting
• Unix/AIX/Linux background
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at