*Position: Systems Analyst
*Duration: 7 month*
*Location: Columbia, SC*
*Background and Summary:*
The South Carolina Integrated Tax System (SCITS) project replaces all of the
core tax processing and compliance systems of the SC Department of Revenue,
including over 3000 mainframe COBOL programs. The legacy system includes
hundreds of operational and management reports, many of which must be
replicated or updated in the new system. Although many reports have been
developed using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and
operational reports may continue to use SSRS, DOR wishes to utilize SAP
Business Objects for the remaining SCITS management reports. Some reports
will be fully realized in Business Objects; in other cases, Business Objects
templates will be developed and the SCITS data provided as universes, so
that the business users can utilize BO Web Intelligence to develop custom
reports. Reporting to the Business Objects Project Manager, with oversight
by the SCITS Project Manager, Contractor is needed to develop reports,
templates, and dashboards for the SCITS project.
*Specific Duties and Responsibilities:*
1. Work with the assigned SCITS Business Analyst to
gather, analyze, and understand the business user requirements for SCITS
2. Work with the assigned SCITS Data Analyst to develop
Business Objects universes based on the SCITS data model and SCITS reporting
3. Utilize Business Objects Web Intelligence, Desk
Intelligence, and XCelcius tools to develop, test, and deploy reports,
templates, and dashboards to meet SCITS business requirements.
4. Work with DOR technical support staff to publish
reports to Sharepoint or to Business Objects production site as appropriate.
5. Resolve production issues reported by business users
with any of the deliverables produced.
6. Provide liaison to DOR Database Administrators, and
Operations & Support section as needed for support of reports development
and deployment, including analysis and resolution of technical issues.
7. Report on weekly basis to Business Objects Project
Manager and SCITS Project Manager. It is critical for reports to be
developed on time and within budget.
- Expert knowledge and experience in SAP Business Objects XI R3.1
Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Desk Intelligence, and XCelcius tools.
- Strong experience in development of reports, queries, templates, and
dashboards in the Business Objects XI R3.1 environment.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) for
database access in a SQL Server 2005/8 environment.
- Experience and expertise in report analysis and automated report
- Experience in IT life cycle development, including requirements
analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Experience with financial transaction systems and data, such as tax
processing or banking.
- Experience in serving as a technical resource for business users,
including one-on-one and group supplemental training, problem resolution,
and coordination with technical support organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to report to project management in clear and concise form,
including all relevant information in a timely manner.
Problem Solving Skills
Verbal Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Relational Database Experience
Business Objects Reports
Business Objects Designer
Life Cycle Development
Systems Analysis & Design Skills
Business Objects Web Intelligence, Desk Intelligence, Query as Web Service,
Justin Joshi |Solomons International (Formerly BusinEssence Solutions)|
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at