Send profiles to v...@globalnest.com
*Title: Linux Admin*
*Length: 6+ Months (Right to Hire)*
*Location: New York City, NY*
*Job Description and Skills Required*
1. Expert knowledge of RedHat Enterprise 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and Sun Solaris 8, 9,
2. Expert knowledge of Linux kernel internals, building customized kernels
and customized RPM packages
3. Hands-On experience with Redhat MRG (Real-time) Kernel.
4. Experience with low latency technologies such as 10Gb Ethernet,
Infiniband and Kernel by-pass.
5. Expert Knowledge of Linux Kernel and Network subsystem tuning and
6. Strong knowledge of system performance and monitoring tools such as CA
Unicenter, sar, iostat, vmstat, etc.
7. Strong programming skills with Perl, awk, sed, Shell script (Bourne, C,
8. Solid understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking – ability to use and
understand output of tcpdump/snoop
9. Administration of Unix core services and applications such as NIS, NFS,
automount, DNS, DHCP, Samba, SendMail, Apache, NTP, sudo,
Jumpstart/Kickstart, LDAP, SSH
10. Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (Solaris Zones,
Xen, VMWare, etc.)
11. Comfortable performing system upgrades, installing layered products, and
analyzing and troubleshooting complex production systems.
12. Hands-on experience with various hardware including Dell and IBM Blade
Chassis – H Series
13. Basic knowledge of EMC SAN storage arrays and NetAPP Network Appliances.
14. Should be familiar with system administration regarding relational
databases (Sybase, Oracle) and WebSphere MQ.
15. Some experience with a market data distribution system, Reuters RMDS a
16. Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and
good end-user support skills.
17. Must be well-organized, responsible, a good project manager, have good
verbal and written communication skills, and able to multitask in dynamic
18. Work as a member of a team, adhere to corporate standards and change
management processes, and work to improve IT
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at