Please let me know if you have someone available for the below mentioned
position of Mainframe Programmer at Little Rock, AR**
*Position Title* – Mainframe Programmer
*Location* – Little Rock, AR
*Duration* – 1 Year
*Pay Rate* – $40/hour (All Inclusive on C2C)
DIS is seeking a Programmer who will be responsible for analysis, design,
coding, & testing of all application code. Programmers typically are
involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement &
Years of Relevant Experience: 3-5 years of COBOL Design & Development
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study
The Department of Information Services is seeking to augment it’s current
staff supporting the Driver’s License suite of applications. This position
will support existing applications as well as new projects in support of
federal regulations surrounding the concept of Real ID and Commercial
Currently there are 6 people on the DL Team, including 1 Team Leader, 1
analyst, and 4 programmers.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of recent, hands-on
experience in developing and maintaining on-line and batch applications that
support a high volume transactional environment where performance is a key
*Technology Skills Required:*
Languages: COBOL, Easytrieve/Easytrive Plus, OGL, CICS
Utilities Required: Expediter, Abend-Aid, File-Aid, SQL, MQ Series, FTP,
SDSF, QMF, JCL, XML
File Storage Methods: VSAM (KSDS & RRDS)
Change Management: Endevor
• Code and test enhancement and development programs and/or required fixes
to production problems using the functional and technical programming
• Participate in structured code reviews / walkthroughs..
• Utilize configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and
any other environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and
implement an application.
• Research problems before approaching the Team Lead or Functional Architect
• Support installation of application releases into production as directed.
• Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
• Analyze and design enhancements, development programs, and/or required
fixes to production problems.
• Design applications to functional and technical programming standards.
• Coordinate work with other software developers on Application Teams.
• Assist Team Lead or Test Team Lead in monitoring
estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks
• Work with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
• Execution of all responsibilities with minimal direct supervision of Team
• Generally aware of new developments in industry and processes and has
ability to apply them to work as appropriate.
• Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team.
• Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a
• Identify and track issues, risks and action items.
• Review and understand the Application Team’s work plan.
• Provide status of work to Team Lead.
• Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own
work and work of the Application Team. Develop contingency plans as
• Provide expertise in one or more database environments.
iBusiness Solution LLC
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at