*Title: Mobile Tester
Location: Irving, TX
Length: 6 Months
Rate: $40/hr on C2C
Conceive, experiment with, and present architectural approaches for
operating system components. Design new operating system components. Ensure
architectural integrity and consistency across the entire product.
Overall IT experience of at least 8 years with a bachelors degree or
Telecom domain knowledge with a broader understanding of Mobile/Set-top
boxes/Customer Premises Equipment.
• At least 6 years of experience in Black Box/Functional & Systems
Integration testing and or Quality Assurance.
• Experience in certifying applications developed for different platforms
like Set-top Boxes, handheld devices on Brew/BlackBerry/Windows Mobile
• Familiar with TCP/IP and networking protocols used in video
transmission/streaming over IP network; HTTP/RTSP/RTP/RTMP.
• Familiar with video technologies; MPEG2/4 transport streams.
• Understanding of cable transmission standards and testing.
• Experience with testing Cisco (Scientific-Atlanta) and Motorola Set top
• Experience with testing DVR/Multi-Room DVR//Pay per View/EAS/VOD.
• Experience with testing Electronic Program Guide (EPG)/Interactive Media
• Experience with functional testing of LUA based applications on Set top
• Working knowledge of Motorola DAC/Cisco DNCS and other related head end
• Knowledge of functional testing tools like Mercury Quality Center,
Rational ClearQuest, Rational DDTS.
• Knowledge of BREW Apploader, Qualcomm BitPim, RIM Blackberry Desktop
• Experience with automation of mobile devices & applications with mobile
automation tools like TestQuest Countdown and Device Anywhere.
• Experience with defining reusable test verbs and test cases using
Countdown/Device Anywhere tools.
• Expertise in Installation, Configuration and optimization of TestQuest
Designer, Test Manager, Test Runner and Asset Manager Database engine in an
enterprise testing environment.
• Familiar with Operating Systems like Unix & Linux.
• Conversant with Microsoft Office tools and technologies to log test
results and generate reports.
• Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Should be an exceptional team player with excellent oral & written
• Should possess effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to read requirements documents, create test plans and execute test
• Ability to translate requirement specifications and design documents into
detailed test cases.
• Demonstrates ability to manage priorities and time in a fast paced work
• Capacity to work under minimal supervision.*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at