*Position: NC 1001: Linux/Solaris System Administrator*
*Raleigh**, North Carolina*
The client is seeking a short term (approx. 12 month) contract to provide IT
Operations Support Services. The selected candidate will work with System
Administration, performing (mostly Red Hat)/Solaris/Unix Systems
Administration as well as providing subject matter expertise required to
design, implement and maintain efficient Unix/Linux, application, and web
servers for the Department of Public Instruction.
Task will include:
• Perform Linux/Solaris System Administration
• Install and configure software components making up the NCWISE solution
• Configure and tune Oracle Web, Forms, Application and Report servers.
• Configure and tune Apache and TomCat Application and Web servers.
• Support DBA’s with Oracle database configuration
• Provide subject matter expertise with system-level best practices,
application availability monitoring, hardware and operating system platform
choices, capacity planning, software configuration, user administration,
logical storage allocation and management.
• Documenting configuration processes and procedures
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:*
The following knowledge’s, skills and abilities are required for this
• Experience managing server-class systems in a large heterogeneous
• Knowledge of the principles and methods used in obtaining maximum
utilization of computing equipment.
• In-depth knowledge of web servers including Apache and Tomcat.
• In-depth knowledge of application servers including Oracle Application
server. WebLogic and JBOSS is a plus.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, common office productivity
applications, and the capabilities and limitations of computers and
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form to explain
complex systems concepts to customers, staff, and peers in a simple,
effective and appropriate manner.
• Understanding and implementation of security best practices and
• Must be able to quickly evaluate multiple operational situations, choose
the most appropriate response, and manage the resolution to completion while
under stressful conditions.
• Ability to perform or assist in root cause analysis on system and network
• Knowledge of shell scripting in at least one of the following: bash, sh,
ksh, csh, tcsh, zsh, perl, tcl/tk.
Justin Joshi |Solomons International (Formerly BusinEssence Solutions)|
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at