*Please submit resumes to go...@cy-tec.com*
*Web Infrastructure and System Administrator II - 5+ Years*
Duration: 12+ months
Title : Web Infrastructure and System Administrator II - 5+ Years
Type : Contractor
Tenure: 12 months (renewable upon good performance)
Number of Positions: 1
2. Background Information:
The incumbent will work in the Technology, Engineering and Operations (TE)
Unit of ISG, which is responsible for providing a wide range of technical
infrastructure services to meet the institution's computing needs; from
desktop, mid-range servers, large scale servers to mainframe, and the
respective system, network and supporting software on those platforms. It
provides engineering, integration, and system administration services for
Enterprise Network (EN), Database, Data Warehouse, Web, Notes, various
middle-ware, Backup/Restore, Storage and Disaster Recovery. It also manages
software and hardware contracts and maintains business and technical
relationship with vendors. Its main clients are application developers,
information providers, first level OT/IT support and business users, and the
costs of all its services are recovered through charge-back.
3. General Accountability:
· This position is for managing Global Site Selector and ACE load balancer
used by the web team at the World Bank Group. Experience in IBM WebSphere
administration along with WebSphere Portal is preferred.
· Other primary functions for this position include managing the setup of
Websphere services at Business Continuity Center and managing the setup of
Websphere services at Global IT Infrastructure Strategic Realignment Plan
· Working experience in installing, configuring and maintaining ACE 4710
appliances for load balancing is strongly preferred.
· Working experience and excellent knowledge in managing DNS including
managing Cisco’s Global Site Selector appliances is preferred.
· Experience in using Cisco ACE solution for web optimization for low
· Additional functions will include installing, configuring and maintaining
Websphere Application server 7.x, Websphere Portal 5/6 server, IBM IHS
software on Redhat Linux.
· Tune WAS parameters for optimal system performance.
· Install, configure and maintain Wily (CA) Introscope Websphere system
· Install, configure and maintain IBM MQ series queues for business
· Install, configure and maintain iPlanet web server on Solaris and Linux
· Ensure proper setting of system memory and system parameters in
consultation with system administrators
· Create and maintain application servers with optimal configurations and
· Knowledge about Oracle database systems as backend to web applications
· Knowledge about Visual Mining Net Chart software
· Knowledge about Mercury Load Runner QA processes, Sitescope monitoring
· Aid developers in detecting performance problems including analysis of
traffic patterns, scalability, load testing and redundancy
· Provide continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, historical and real time
performance monitoring of the Websphere and Portal server environments.
· Knowledge about web single sign-on using CA Site Minder and Federated
· Participate in “On Call” weekly shift supporting off hours and weekend
activity. This is rotating assignment shared with other members of the team
· Develop and maintain Unix scripts supporting the web administration
· Follow ITIL process in the system administration and need to be familiar
with ISO 20000 and ISO 24001 processes, including maintaining up-to-date
4. Skill Set requirements:
· Strong Production experience in managing load balancers and global site
· 4 years relevant experience in the management Websphere, Websphere portal
servers; content management and web administration tasks in Sun Solaris, IBM
AIX and Red Hat Linux environment;
· Have managed production Websphere and/or Portal systems for mission
critical applications in complex environment with minimum supervision.
· Strong knowledge of Solaris, AIX and Linux operating system environment
· Knowledge and experience with Unix/Perl scripting
· Basic knowledge of MQ administration, SiteMinder administration.
5. Selection Criteria:
· B.S. in engineering/computer science or equivalent work experience (min. 5
years) directly related to web administration.
· IBM WebSphere Certification and/or equivalent experience.
· Experience with Perl and other Unix scripting languages.
· Experienced with Apache/web server/WebSphere software installation,
configuration, and troubleshooting.
· Familiarity with networking devices, protocols (TCP/IP) and corresponding
access-related problems is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to diagnose and resolve web problems independently as well as in
collaboration with a team; strong team player.*
Thanks & Regards
11710 Plaza America Drive, Suite 2000, Reston, Virginia – 20190
Email: go...@cy-tec.com <mo...@cy-tec.com>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at