Storage Systems Administrator --- TX --- Send the resumes only on
Storage Systems Administrator
San Antonio, TX
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
This position’s general responsibilities/duties include:
• Diagnose and analyze system and storage related issues and recommend
appropriate solutions based on knowledge of the appropriate systems and
• Provide application support and communicate periodically with users on
systems status, including system changes, problems, enhancements, and
• Support enterprise Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage
(NAS), and Tape Backup/Restore technology in a mission critical environment.
• Support UNIX and Wintel admins day to day and team with data center
operations, production support and escalation teams.
• Experienced performing 1st, 2nd & 3rd level 24x7 production support on
storage and tape backup environments.
• Experience performing 24x7 production support.
• Capable of developing and implementing small to medium sized technology
projects in support of business initiatives.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business
relationship with both internal associates and external customers.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Knowledge of the financial industry preferred.
• Computer Science degree highly preferred.
• Support EMC, HDS, or similar high-end and mid-range SAN Arrays including
LUN allocation/masking, performance, capacity management and remote
• Support Network Attached Storage.
• Manage access via NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI.
• Knowledge of McData and Brocade SAN Directors/Switches zoning.
• Knowledge of Veritas NetBackup Enterprise or equivalent enterprise
backup/restore tools included setup of new policies/schedules, setup tape
pools, restore data to UNIX and Wintel serves.
• Perform capacity planning.
• Experience as sysadmin for at least one of these OS: i.e. adding users,
filesystems, installing products, writing scripts, upgrading OS versions,
troubleshooting performance issues, etc.
• Knowledge of HP-UX including LVM and fibre HBAs.
• Knowledge of Solaris with disksuite and Veritas volume manager and fibre
• Knowledge of Windows 2000/2003 including Veritas volume manager and MS
clustering and fibre HBAs.
• Thorough TCP/IP skills on servers.
• Key technology skills preferred:
- HP Vantage Point Operations (VPO)
- Perl/Korn/Shell scripting
*Syed Muzaffer Ali | Technical Recruiter | Cigniti Inc *®
*O:** *972-756-0622 *Ext:* 215
*e:* s...@cigniti.com *| **w:* *www.cigniti.com*
*IM: *syed.recrui...@ymail.com **
433 E Las Colinas Blvd. # 1240 Irving, TX - 75039
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at