*Title: Jr. Oracle DBA*
*Location: Irving, TX*
*Length: 6 Months+*
*Rate: $40/hr on C2C*
*Candidates need to carry their own Laptop.
Laptop – Intel Minimum 2 gzh processor with 2 gb RAM
Microsoft Windows 2010; Microsoft Office 2010; Visio
Optional – Additional standalone monitor and mouse
- Participate in the support and implementation of applications using DB2
and Oracle backend.
- Move database changes from development to production.
- Ensure proper configuration and security on all database servers.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure stability and optimal
performance on all database servers.
- Verify database backups
- Responsible for keeping management up to date on any outstanding database
- Perform other production support activities as required including but not
o Hardware and infrastructure
o Third party application support
o Participate in On Call rotation and provide after hours support as needed.
o Point of contact for DB2 and Oracle related issues
• In-depth knowledge DB2 and Oracle 11G including:
o Job scheduling
o Oracle Data Guard
o Real Application Testing
o SQL Performance Analyzer
o Flashback Data Archive (“Total Recall”)
o Creating and troubleshooting Stored Procedures.
o Database replication
o Ability to install and manage multiple DB2 instances
o Ability to install and manage multiple Oracle instances in a clustered
o Database tuning
• Ability to install and manage multiple Oracle instances in a clustered
• In-depth knowledge of ZOS and Linux (OEL v 5, Redhat Linux v 5)
• In-depth hardware knowledge
• Project management and vendor negotiation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work with developers and end users in a professional manner to
resolve business critical problems in a high stress environment.
• Oracle 11g RAC
• IBM WebSphere
• BEA Tuxedo
Education and Experience:
• 4 year degree
• 5+ years dba/systems administration experience*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at