*Send your resumes at adi...@unicomtec.com*
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ARCHITECT
Location : Longterm
*1.* *BASIC PURPOSE:*
A significant aspect of strong risk management practices mandated by
the Fed - is a requirement to have analytical tools in place to be able to
view and report on data from many perspectives. We require an experienced
architect to install, manage, develop and maintain Business Intelligence
solutions. This resource will build BI models, design, develop and review
standard and adhoc reports, dashboards, scorecards and mashups against an
integrated Data Warehouse (DWH) and diverse disparate Operational data-sets.
*2. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- Develop Business Intelligence metadata and models for standard, adhoc
reporting, analysis and risk dashboards.
- Tune model and reports for performance issues. Identify need for
indexes and materialized views
- Design, develop and unit test standard and adhoc reports.
- Lead the internal review process of reports, adhoc queries built by
business users and identify duplicate calculations, filters etc. that can be
built in the DWH or into the Cognos model.
- Work closely with the project manager and BI Development Manager to
define project timeline, project scope and to manage requirements change
control and communicate project status to management
- Work closely with ETL, Data architecture and software quality assurance
leads to provide insight on business requirements and user goals.
*3. REQUIREMENTS: *
*Education and Experience*
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years functioning as a Business Intelligence Architect.
- Financial services experience required; Risk and compliance experience
- 5+ years Data Warehousing experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems of diverse scope and working in
- Proficient with Cognos 8 BI (Framework Manager, Transformer, Metrics
Server, Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Query Studio, Go Mobile) , TM1
- Proficient with Oracle 10 and 11G RDBMS
- Proficient with RUP development methodology and Clearcase and
- Performance tuning experience required
- Cognos and Database security experience required
- Familiarity with ETL tools like Data Stage a plus.
- Familiarity with Data Modeling tools like ERWin a plus
- Requires superior communication skills to communicate to business users
and defend BI, Risk Dashboard and mashup design in large group settings in
front of enterprise Architects
- Ability to operate independently or as a member of a cross functional
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at