*Please submit resumes to go...@merasenseusa.com*
*There may be f2f interview so please submit those candidates who are local
and ready to come for f2f on their own.*
*Position: Senior Unix/Linux Engineer supporting high performance computing
*Duration: 6 months -1 year*
*Rate: your best
*One of the candidate backed out at the time of interview client is
desperate to fill the position.** *
*Position Description and Responsibilities: *
To work as part of a multi-site organization to support and manage Unix and
Linux systems, including: workstations, laboratory instrument controllers,
application and database systems, large scale storage systems, HPC clusters
and servers used in the discovery and analysis of new drug candidates.
Working with colleagues within the scientific computing services team,
shared services, and with external providers, the role will support daily
activities and new initiatives, and implement leading edge technologies and
practices. Success will be measured by ability to adapt to a changing
environment, track best-of-breed technologies, present a clear and factual
point of view, and assist developing new processes in support of both
existing and new technologies with guidance from senior staff and
· Provide large system/high capacity computing as a service in CADD,
Modeling and Simulation, Engineering Modeling, Bioinformatics, and
Statistical Genetics areas.
· Administer large scale automated scientific computing with a
queuing system or through distributed systems.
· Design and/or architect infrastructure innovation and expansion.
· Work with key clients in scientific research areas to deliver HPC
services, system customization, performance tuning and optimization, proof
of concept prototyping and deliver new capabilities.
· Provide support to research computing infrastructure involving
servers, workstations, storage, applications and networking as part of the
· Provide domain knowledge and expertise to assist in areas where
SCS and RI&A provide services to Research
*Position Requirements: *
· 3 yrs or more experience in managing commercial Linux systems in
an enterprise or research environment, i.e. SLES, RHEL
· 3 yrs or more experience in handling and manage modern mid-range
or above x86_64 or RISC-based servers from reputable vendors in scale,
ability in remote administration.
· 3 yrs or more experience in supporting multi TB commercial storage
arrays, familiar with storage products, raid controllers, and various drive
· 3 yrs or more experience supporting network file protocols NFS,
CIFS active directory authentication, SCP, SFTP.
· 2 yrs experience supporting authentication and login protocols,
LDAP, SSL, SSH.
· Must be able to program in a shell language. Must be able to
perform compilation/make tasks.
*HPC Core Competency*
· Must have superior trouble shooting skills and be able to manage
multiple activities in a dynamic environment.
· Must understand fundamental principles of technology, hardware and
· Must be able to present ideas and opinions clearly and command
· Demonstrate understanding of NUMA architecture, SMP, cluster
computing and distributed computing and cloud computing.
· Demonstrate expertise in areas of networked computing environment:
TCPIP networking. High-speed interconnect technologies such as Infiniband.
· Must have working knowledge of fibre-channel and SCSI storage
devices, storage area networking and network attached storage arrays.
· Must have working knowledge of a distributed resource management
system, e.g. , lsf.
· Knowledge/ability of system performance tuning, application
· Must demonstrate understanding of at least one HPC applications in
a domain area (fluid, solid modeling..), preferably in the chemistry areas.
· Knowledge of Windows-based client/server systems, and
interoperability with UNIX/Linux systems
· 2D/3D scientific visualization.
· Must demonstrate understanding of at least one system monitoring
or management tool.
*Desirable Advanced HPC Capabilities*
· Programming in perl, python, or java
· Programming in C/C++ and Fortran
· Pthread, MPI, OpenMP, ibverbs, parallel computing and GPU
*Other Useful Expertise*
· Apache or other web server, Tomcat, Netbackup, performance
management tools, VMWare, KVM virtualization, Oracle
· Ability to administer network switches, routers, and other
· SNMP, SQL.
· Ability to travel to sites with in Central NJ. Occasional travel
may be required to other sites
· May occasionally be required to perform physical work such as
lifting/carrying physical equipments.
*Thanks & Regards,*
*NJ Minority Certified Company*
100 Technology Way, Suite 320
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Fax: (856) 475-0555
MetaSense Inc. is a Professional Services, Staff Augmentation, Web Design,
Call Center, BPO Company with offices located in Mt. Laurel, NJ. MetaSense
specializes in the delivery of cost effective, high-value Information
Technology and Business Solutions since its inception in 1999.
P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at