*Greetings from Robert,*
Job: Oracle DBA
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 6 Month Contract
- Adhering to SLAs
- Reporting to the Track Lead / Team Lead
- Handling tickets / requests
- Troubleshooting technical issues with help of Other Team members
- Ensuring that the processes are adhered to
- Responsible for Monitoring and basic day to day Activities
- Ensure maximum uptime according to the SLA
- Making sure initial Troubleshotting is done before escallation to
the Next level of DBA
- Doing the Daily Checks and initial level of investigation for the
- Able to do the basic tickets and capabilities of Learning to the next
- Availibility Management for Databases.
- Monitoring and Basic Troubleshoting.
- Having Basic knowledge about Databases and OS (Unix and Windows)
- Good in Concepts of Database Architecture and Daily Activities like
- Can take up daily activities based on SOP(Standard Operating
- Managing User Accounts.
- Recognizing Database and Listener Process/Services at OS Level
- Diagnosing Backup Failure and Starting a failed Backup
- Starting and Stoping a Listerner
- Identifying job Queues, Starting and Stoping a job
- Should be able to check Oracle Alert log and Trace Files
- Capable of Moving to L2 with assitance.
- Good knowledge of 10g/11g features as Data Pump and Backup Features.
- Good Understanding of Roles and Privs and should be capable of Doing
the job of Junior DBA.
- Should monitor the Daily Backups/Threshold Mails and do the basic
checks on the Database.
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good documentation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE
- Should have a good customer handling skills
- Able to handle unforeseen situations
- High level of acceptance
- Can drive HCL’s value and its methodology
- Worked on Production systems
- Experience with Database Migration, Installation, Upgrades and
- Datacenter understanding
- Knowledge of Other RDBMS is a Plus
- Experience in PL/SQL and worked on ER Diagrams.
- Working Knowledge on Clusterware
*Robert **|** **Business Development Manager** **|**Platinum Infosys Inc*
*Email: **rob...@platinuminfosys.com* <rob...@platinuminfosys.com>*
*214-550-0248* **|** Fax: *214–260–1160* *
*Visit us @ **www.platinuminfosys.com* <http://www.platinuminfosys.com/>**
Note: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S.Congress this mail
cannot be considered spam as long as we include contact information and a
remove link for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our
mailing list, reply with
and include your “original e-mail address/addresses” in the subject heading.
We will immediately update it accordingly. We apologize for the
inconvenience if any caused. Thank You.
*Think Green:* *Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at