Hi,

We have below requirement from our client, please let me know if you have
any candidates.

*Title: SQL Server DBA*

*Duration: 6+ months*

*Location: Jersey City, NJ*

*** LOCALS preferred*

Team is looking for a mid-sr level MS SQL DBA. Pretty straight forward DBA
skill set, concentrating on versions 2005/2008.

Don’t need to come from industry, but always preferred.

Responsible for supporting the SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 databases in a
clustered environment and ensuring their performance, availability and
security

Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the all SQL
databases globally as part of follow the sun support model

Ensure that the hardware and storage resources allocations to the databases
are optimal and to ensure high resiliency

To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with
minimum downtime

Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them
to make informed decisions regarding resource management

Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development

Responsible for maintaining daily and weekly maintenance tasks and to
support development teams with their tasks like backups, restores,
configurations, etc

Responsible for implementation and release of database changes in a timely
manner

Responsible for managing different types of DR setups in the MSSQL space,
like SRDF, log shipping, database mirroring

*Experienced SQL Server Database Administration professional with an
understanding and knowledge of windows clustering technology *

*Experience of managing multiple MS SQL 2005 & 2008 RDBMS on large systems *

*Experience with SQL features like database replication, compression, linked
servers, CDC, etc.*

*Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a databases for improved
performance and high availability *

*Experience of Transactional SQL, SSRS and DTS stored procedures *

*Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database
security*

*Self-starter with motivation to work on SQL database projects *

Thanks & Regards

Ram | Sr. Recruiter

SoftSol Resources, Inc. |510-460-1831x1012| 48383 Fremont Blvd; Ste#118 |
Fremont, CA 94538

ramakrishna.la...@softsol.net | www.softsol.net**