We have an below urgent requirement from our client.
*Subject: Sr. Oracle/SQL DBA *
*Location*: Houston, TX
*Duration*: Long Term
· Strong Database Administration knowledge, Project Management
skills, Analytical skills.
· Excellent working knowledge of Oracle 10g internals and database
administration tasks in association with the above listed purpose and
· Prior experience with either Sybase or MS SQL
· 3 plus years experience with Oracle 10g on the UNIX operating
system as well as either Sybase or SQL Server.
· 3 plus years experience with UNIX shell scripting.
· Strong understanding of application and infrastructure
· Strong people and communication skills, required to solicit
support and agreement to plans across diverse delivery groups and customers.
· Personal flexibility to accommodate situations outside normal
· Prior experience with Oracle OEM, RAC, ASM technologies
· Previous significant work experience in a trading environment
· Previous DBA leadership experience
· A Bachelors or Graduate University degree in IT or related field
· Previous experience with Application Architecture, Application
Development, and/or Applications Support with emphasis on database
· Strong communication and negotiation skills to be able to
influence others and speak with confidence to stake holders.
· Strong people skills required to collaborate and solicit
support/agreement to plans across diverse delivery groups and customers to
achieve business objectives.
· Assisting the team lead in managing, leading the analysts on the
database team as well as managing the team workload in order to achieve an
effective, useful and versatile database environment.
· Providing primary support activities for all Trading database
systems, including the provision of 24x7 on-call support (problem/incident
· Provide user support and consultancy service to Trading
Application and Infrastructure Developments teams and projects (i.e.
assisting development in writing and tuning of SQL and PL/SQL code)
· Coordinate with DBMS vendor support services regarding database
problems and issues.
· Coordinate requests of server resources with the server Systems
· Review releases, upgrades and fixes available from database
software suppliers and subscribed security organizations and identify those
which merit action.
· Install, configure, and test database and database related
software patches, packages, and new releases.
· Perform and maintain database backups, recovery, and refreshes.
· Manage database capacity including capacity planning and
monitoring usage limits.
· Perform and report database performance monitoring and fault
· Coordinate with Application Development/Production Support teams
on creating and maintaining user access, roles, and privileges.
· Implement and maintain security management as per ISIP and
Security Incident Process.
· Manage and maintain database architecture including DR database
replication and backups.
· Escalate problems and situation management and undertake root
cause analysis on situations or major incidents.
· Implement planned and emergency database changes according to
defined Change Control procedures and policies.
· Create and maintain database interconnectivity and replication.
· Plan, assist, and/or deploy application database changes and
upgrades in conjunction with Trading Application Development teams.
· Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
· Documenting standards and procedures.
· Ensure licensing agreement compliance with DBMS and DBMS related
· Coordinate and manage support through Systems DBA to deliver
seamless service to the application support teams and end users
· Perform Application tuning, configuration and administration to
deliver optimal performance of applications as Applications DBA
· Provide consulting service to the Trading applications support and
project teams in data architecture, modeling and design.
· Ability to multi-task and balance the different paces of
development and support for multiple applications in support mode and
projects in flight in providing application DBA services.
· Ability to perform capacity planning, sizing and effort
· Assist in planning work load and task distribution for the team
· Assist in liaising with IT managers, UK counterparts and
application team members for demand estimation
· Assist in Demand management and resource leveling
· Represent the database group interests in meetings when necessary
*Thanks & Regards.*
Sriven Technologies LLC ..,
E-Mail: **rajv...@sriventech.com* <s...@sriventech.com>*
Web: **www.sriventech.com* <http://www.sriventech.com/>*
Fax: 1866 725-2860*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at