*Location: Freemont, CA*
*Duration: 6 Months*
*Interview: phone to hire*
Senior member of Hosting Operations team with shared responsibility for the
day to day operation of the hosting and associated support platforms within
the hosting infrastructure. This position will provide technical and
strategic direction to the operations team in relation to ongoing
support/maintenance and direction for platform evolution.
*Essential duties and responsibilities:*
• Perform day-to-day operational support of the UNIX/Windows shared hosting
environment including authentication, mail, scripting and escalation
• Perform new server builds (Solaris, Linux, BSD, some Windows)
• Perform system, network and capacity monitoring of production and lab
• Participate in engineering development of new products and projects in
both the lab and production environments.
• Participate in and contribute to the development and implementation of
support tools and resources to enhance the local and remote support
capabilities of the shared hosting environment.
• Develop, implement and maintain systems documentation and operational
• Coordinate with developers, product management and network staff on
issues related to existing system enhancements and new system
• Provide 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis; some after-hours
scheduled maintenance events.
*Specific Skills and Experience Required:*
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a UNIX systems administrator in a heavy
• Expert level knowledge of the UNIX and UNIX like operating systems.
• Intermediate to advanced scripting skills and experience with shell &
• Hands on experience with Sun and X86 hardware platforms.
• Hands on management and tuning experience with Network Appliance or other
mass storage platforms.
• Hands on experience with Postfix, SMTP, PopMail, SSH, HTTP as well as
open source monitoring and reporting tools such as Nagios and Cacti.
*Preferred skills and Experience:*
• Authoritative and caching DNS experience in an ISP environment.
• Familiarity with MYSQL, MSSQL and PostGres.
• Familiarity with the various flavors of the Windows, Solaris 9/10,
FreeBSD, Centos and Linux operating systems
• Understanding of the software development processes and cycles.
• Experience with XEN, VMware or other virtualization technologies.
• In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, NFS, IPF, ZFS
*Thanks & Regards ,
Sriven Technologies LLC.*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at