We have an below urgent requirement from our client.
*Title: SQL Server DBA*
*Location: Universal City, CA*
*Duration: 6 months *
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES**: *
*ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: *
This position will be responsible for providing senior level Database
Administration support for Microsoft SQL Server technology platform and the
various applications/components that leverage SQL Server.
This position will be responsible for managing and providing support for
enterprise Microsoft SQL Server technology platform that align with the
company goals, objectives and direction. In addition, this role is also
responsible for supporting establishing best operational practices for
Microsoft SQL Server and Windows platforms.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:** *
• Establish best practices and SOPs.
• Generate clear and concise documentation.
• Provide technical leadership to outsourced global development
team thru project leadership and technical documentation and outage
• Provide on-going communication of status of projects and
• Dimensional modeling using data modeling tools like Erwin.
• Lead and participate in database design review sessions.
• Manage client priorities and expectations by establishing agreed
• Assist in the mentoring and coaching of team members.
• Troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to database issues
encountered by new and existing applications in the environment.
• Actively monitor the database environment to increase
efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize operating expenses.
• Analyze and tune application performance by optimizing SQL,
stored procedures and triggers.
• Assist with stored procedure design and package development as
required by development projects.
• Responsible for coordinating projects as a technical lead,
providing design and implementation standards to team members.
• Establish and maintain operational metrics that align to
• Drive efficiencies through automation and operational
• Demonstrate a strong sense of internal customer satisfaction as
a top priority.
• Create a positive, supportive, and team-focused working
• Partner with the Service Management team to establish sound
handoffs and detailed documentation standards before new builds are
accepted into the production environment. Partner with the Service
Management team to establish sound handoffs and detailed documentation
standards before new builds are accepted into the production environment.
• Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to establish
platform standards and best practices.
*QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS**: These are must-haves! If included in
this section, every candidate MUST meet each of these requirements in order
to be considered – no exceptions.*
- B. S. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other
- Minimum 8 years administering SQL Server 2000.
- Minimum 4 years administering SQL Server 2005.
• Minimum 3 year production experience administering SQL Server
- Minimum of 6 years instance level troubleshooting and performance
• Minimum of 6 years managing VLDBs.
- Minimum of 4 years general administration
- Minimum of 4 years administering Windows 2003 R2.
• Minimum of 2 year administering Windows 2008 R2.
• Minimum of 5 years managing SQL Server clusters (active/passive,
• Minimum of 3 years experience in administering SSRS (SQL Server
• Minimum of 3 years administering and developing in SSIS (SQL
Server Integration Services).
• Minimum of 2 years authoring and maintaining Power Shell and/or
- Available 24/7/365 **
- Ability to manage lead projects and be a technical resource.
• B.S. degree in Information Technology, Computer Information
Systems, Computer Engineering or other technical discipline.
• Promote an organizational climate that energizes, motivates and
facilitates teamwork; encourages responsible risk-taking.
• Ability to grow and mentor new and existing staff members to be
productive technology leaders.
• Proven project management and customer service skills;
demonstrated planning and organization skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications; effective
interpersonal skills; strong formal presentation abilities.
• Ability to convert UML models into Erwin physical models
• Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX environment
• Ability to learn Oracle, MySQL, SYBASE and Teradata is a plus
*Thanks & Regards.*
Sriven Technologies LLC ..,
E-Mail: **rajv...@sriventech.com <s...@sriventech.com>**
Ph: 703-842-4305 X 307
Fax: 1866 725-2860*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at