We have an below urgent requirement from our client.
*Job**Title*: Cognos Architect
*Location*: Raleigh, NC
*Duration*: 12 Months
Working with senior business analysts, system analysts, DB2 DBA/developers
and Cognos report developers to architect, setup, configure and perform
administrative functions for a new installation of Cognos included as part
of a new analytical rules based predictive modeling system.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who has substantial
experience designing Cognos solutions. We're looking for a hand on
Cognossystems architect who has had previous experience setting up new
installations of Cognos and can demonstrate advanced skills with the
product as well as related tools and products included with InfoSphereWarehouse.
· Responsible for a range of functions including solution
architecture design, prototype development, application development,
testing and deployment of Cognos applications
· Collaborate with peer architects, data architecture and data
acquisition teams on solution designs
· Guide developers through design, build, testing, implementation,
troubleshooting and tuning of Cognos BI solutions
· Responsible for defining best practices in the areas of
Cognosdesign, development and documentation
· Responsible for overall application architecture quality,
performance and scalability of Cognos solutions
· Keep current with Cognos software offerings and releases; work
with vendor and infrastructure team on installations and upgrades
· Keep current with other Cognos CoEs and industry best practices
· Identify major areas of improvement and drive results
· Ensure solutions and deliverables are 100% compliant with the
company’s SDLC and meet or exceed controllership and audit standards (e.g.,
*General**Skills** & Abilities*:
1. Extensive experience with integrating Cognos solutions
2. Experienced in Cognos Content Manager configuration and
administration and Event Studio
3. Experience driving major technical decisions and
overseeing/coordinating large solution development based on specified
functional and non-functional business requirements
4. Solid understanding of data warehousing and relational databases(DB2,
SQL Server etc)
5. Experience in training users on product and applications
6. Strong SQL development.
7. Strong DB2 Skills
8. Strong experience with relational and dimensional modeling.
9. Strong data analysis skills and experience with metadata management.
10. Solid understanding of InfoSphere Warehouse toolset preferred
11. Experience in creating logical data models and physical data models
using various tools, e.g., ErWin, Enterprise Architect, etc.
12. Knowledge of principles, techniques and best practices of data
governance and master data management.
13. Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle.
14. Customer oriented.
15. Ability to communicate well with the business and conduct requirement
16. Ability to work well in a team environment with a geographically
17. Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
18. Dedicated to completing assigned tasks and delivering high quality
software under deadline.
19. Ability to learn and apply new technologies and programming languages
20. Highly motivated to develop mortgage business knowledge
· Advanced knowledge of developing and deploying Cognos solutions
(minimum of 4 years’ experience)
· At least 4 years’ experience with Cognos versions 8 and/or 10.
· At least 3 years of experience using Cognos Content Manager, Event
· At least 4 years’ experience with DB2.
· At least 3 years of experience using DB2-SQL stored procedures,
· At least 3 years data modeling experience
*Preferred Qualifications: *
· 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
· At least 5 years of DB2 experience.
· At least 5 years of DB2-SQL experience.
· At least 1 year of experience using InfoSphere Warehouse
*Thanks & Regards.*
Sriven Technologies LLC ..,
E-Mail: **rajv...@sriventech.com* <s...@sriventech.com>
*Web: **www.sriventech.com* <http://www.sriventech.com/>
Fax: 1866 725-2860*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at