Senior Unix Administrator
Boston Duration: 6 months
A Senior Unix Administrator to help manage, maintain and deploy servers in
a mixed environment of Solaris, Linux, VMWare, AIX and Windows, running
infrastructure and trading applications.
- Deploy servers using Jumpstart/NIM/Kickstart/VPM in accordance with
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve problems and incidents.
- Provide daily production support.
- Install software and apply patch updates.
- Upgrade operating systems.
- Fault analysis and recovery.
- Work with PMs, network, DB and Storage teams.
- Support 1000+ servers in 24 x 7 datacenters.
- Provide off-hours support on a rotational basis.
- Deploy middleware applications.
- Assist in application disaster recovery testing.
- Maintain security compliance.
- Perform DR tests.
MUST HAVE: - Expert-level experience with Solaris, Linux, AND
Veritas Storage Foundation.
SHOULD HAVE: - VCS experience.
- 5+ years in a large environment.
- VMWare, Windows, AIX experience.
- Middleware experience a plus
. - Shell programming experience.
- Network experience. Can troubleshoot network issues.
- Storage Experience. From server side
- SAN experience. Can identify raid levels.
- Team Collaborator, Decision-maker, Self-motivated. .
*SCOTT . Sr Associate Recruiter*
*Sriven Technologies LLC*
"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand."
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at