We have an below urgent requirement from our client.
*Subject:* Oracle DBA Consultant
*Duration: *18 Months
The successful candidate will work in a team with focus on production
support, performance tuning, design, deployment and support of Oracle and
Oracle RAC databases – both versions 10g & 11g. Experience with Oracle
design/performance and tuning is essential. Candidate should have
extensive experience in performance and tuning of OLTP and Data warehouse
applications. Knowledge of MSSQL though not essential would be highly
desirable. The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for
analyzing the needs of users to help identify Database problems and
initiate the process for proposing solutions. The DBA will ensure that the
requirements of the business users are captured, documented and clearly
understood by development, QA, and other IT groups before a solution is
developed and implemented. The candidate should be motivated, hands on,
sensitive to risks and controls, work well under pressure and possess
strong problem analysis/troubleshooting/design/performance & tuning skills.
Good verbal and communications skills are essential as are project/time
Routine Role Responsibilities:
• Installing, upgrading, and maintenance of Oracle dataservers on Linux and
Sun Solaris environments
• Troubleshooting and correcting database issues in an efficient and timely
manner mitigating all risks and ensuring uninterrupted continuation of the
• Document and enforce all database architecture and relevant procedures
according to established standards.
• Proactively monitor resource utilization to ensure client response time
meets expected service levels and to help ensure uninterrupted system
• Proactive review of database configuration, security, performance tuning,
capacity planning, and database monitoring.
• Develop strategies for database recovery and implementation of databases.
• Weekend work in support of project deliverables, DR testing, security
• Proactively ensure production stability.
• Client relationship management – A senior DBA is expected to be able to
comfortably manage client relationships and expectations.
• Meeting management – A senior DBA is expected to be able comfortably
coordinate and manage a meeting. Additionally, a senior DBA is expected to
have sufficient expert knowledge about DBA policies, procedures, standards
and supported technologies to be able to represent team perspective in
Additional responsibilities will be to work closely with members of our
engineering and capacity and optimization groups to help define the
platforms and tools used in our production environment.
- Strong Oracle 10g/11g with expertise in RAC
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent performance tuning on data warehouse type applications.
- Should have handled DB's over 3-5TB size at a minimum.
- In-depth knowledge of RMAN
- Strong Partitioning knowledge
- Grid Control, Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle ASM
- 10g -> 11g upgrade experience
- Oracle Streams/Goldangate/Dataguard
- Interpret AWR, ADDM reports
*Thanks & Regards.*
Sriven Technologies LLC ..,
E-Mail: **rajv...@sriventech.com <s...@sriventech.com>**
Ph: 703-842-4305 X 306
Fax: 1866 725-2860*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at