Hello,

We have a hot opening for.......

Job Title: System Engineer w/d strong Veritas Exp

Location: Nashville, TN

Duration: 6-12 Months Contract w/d Extension

Job Description:

They need someone to come in for 3-6 months and upgrade form 5.1 to 5.2.

Someone that can help with the coordination and the upgrade

Veritas Clustering in a Windows Environment

MUST:

-expert with Veritas Clustering in a Windows environment

-SQL Server experience 2000, 2005, and 2008

--recent experience with an upgrade

SPECIFIC to the PROJECT:

65 - 70 Veritas clusters, running Veritas Storage Foundation HA for Windows.
The OS version is primarily Windows Server 2003 and primarily x64
architecture, with some Server 2008. These clusters are used for hosting SQL
Server installations (2000, 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2).  The versions involved
are 5.01, 5.1, and 5.1SP1.  It has been identified by Veritas Engineers that
numerous issues should be alleviated by upgrading to version 5.1 SP2.

Of these clusters, 130-140 are actual physical machines with the majority
being 2-node clusters. A few are 3 to 6 node clusters.

We need a project plan around upgrading the clusters, detail the processes
and steps

Included is full documentation around the upgrade process

Additionally, training of onshore & offshore staff (for those with limited
exposure to Veritas), so they can participate or possibly take on upgrades

 Special Condition:

~15-20 clusters are considered Tier1 Production, and currently can only be
upgraded during specified Infrastructure Weekends night (1 per month)

~30-40 are considered non Tier-1 production, and could be upgraded any
weekend night (and possibly week night), with approval from application
owners

< 10 clusters could be upgraded at any time, with approvals from application
owners

Full Name:

Contact No:

E-mail ID:

Availability:

Visa Status/Citizenship:

Current Location:

Rate or Employer Details:

Regards,
Kulbir

Direct: 703-828-5640 / 703-880-8775 I Fax: 917-475-8362 I
<mailto:vi...@gainam.net> kul...@gainam.net  I
<mailto:sindhuvi...@yahoo.com> kulbir.gai...@yahoo.ini