We have a hot opening for.......
Job Title: Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer (4 opening)
Location: Columbia, MD
Duration: 24 Months contract
Client is currently looking to add a qualified Senior JAVA Software
Developer to our staff. The purpose of this position is to deliver
high-quality, scalable, hosted, student facing learning applications to the
enterprise, its operating units and customers. Successful applicants are
technology leaders and will have a minimum 5+ years of experience delivering
solutions in an Agile/Scrum development environment. The Senior Software
Developer performs product design, programming, unit testing, R&D and
technology selection for a newly conceived, flagship product with
significant mobile application implications. The position works with various
software developers, product managers, and user experience and customer
application experts to create industry leading software functionality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, codes, test, implements, and maintain business applications
- Performs complex product design activities that requires
extensive research and analysis
- Actively participates as a scrum team member on all phases of
the scrum process. (Story development, estimation, burn downs, continuous
integration and retrospectives)
- Participates in architecture development, implementation and
- Researches and implements new technologies
- Mentors and coaches' junior development staff in coding, design,
continuous integration and agile methodologies.
- Serves as tech lead for specific projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and design skills
Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents
will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
- GWT, Java Script, REST, JSON, XML, XMPP, BOSH, CSS, SOAP
- JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache
- Neo4j, Oracle, SQL Server
- Other Tools: GIT, Jenkins, Mingle
- Experience in evaluating and implementing new technologies such
as Google Web Tools (GWT) and Neo4j a plus
- Experience with UX and design a plus
- Tech lead experience a plus
- Thorough technical knowledge in software development
methodologies, design and implementation.
- Aptitude for work in an Agile development environment, including
the ability to collaborate with team members
Excellent analytical and design skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science, Management
Information Systems or related experience
- Sensitivity to Customer Needs
- Ability to Remain Focused
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
- Detail orientation, and the ability to record, organize, and
- An interest in people, and the ability to grow relationships
- A broad technical knowledge base, with the ability and desire to
keep informed of emerging technology.
- Skill in organizing and motivating resources, and the ability to
drive and account for work
A propensity and willingness to learn new technologies
Please send me your Updated Resume and these details ASAP:
Rate on C2C:
Gain America, Inc. I 13804 Hull Street Road Midlothian, VA 23112
Direct: 703-828-5640 / 703-880-8775 I Fax: 917-475-8362 I
<mailto:vi...@gainam.net> kul...@gainam.net I
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at