Please send Resumes to nar...@sriveninfosys.net
Location: Canton, MA
Length: 6 months
This position will perform database installs, maintenance, code deployments,
performance analysis and optimizations to support a variety of business
applications utilizing Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
The production DBA's work focuses on assuring availability, optimizing
efficiency, and promoting usability, while following Change Management
As such, the production DBA should have a good working knowledge of the
operating system and hardware on which Database Servers reside, along with
platform knowledge of security, backups, and performance tuning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Monitor SQL Server and Oracle error\alert logs and escalate any errors
* Monitor SQL Server and Oracle job execution logs
* Understand backup procedures and models and ensure backups are
occurring as scheduled
* Monitor and maintain optimal server health allowing maximum throughput
and minimal resource contention.
* Understand database security models, work with Dev teams to design
security models using the principal of least privilege
* Execute scripts, provided by Development teams, in Test and Production
environments, following documented Change Management procedures and suggest
improvements to existing processes.
* Install SQL and Oracle Server in a production environment, including
failover clustering, Fail-safe, SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS. Review and install latest
service packs, patches, and updates.
* Manages simple and complex projects through the analysis, design and
* Completes projects on time and within budget with very little
* Be willing to work off-hours and weekends, as needed, and participate
in an On-call rotation.
* Communicates effectively with management at all levels with excellent
written and verbal skills.
* Provides leadership and displays initiative within the team environment.
* Participates in global initiatives with peers in other regions.
* Develops and maintains a positive relationship with colleagues, clients
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; three to five
years related experience in database maintenance and support; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* 3+ years managing SQL Server databases, including Failover clusters
* 2+ years working with Windows 2003 or 2008 clusters
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLSET
* 2+ years managing Oracle databases
* ITIL certification and\or experience working in an environment with
strict change control procedures
* 2+ years working with SSIS, troubleshooting and designing packages
* 2+ years scripting database operations, using T-SQL, shell scripting,
Experience supporting systems in Financial Services environment
Thanks & Regards
Sriven Infosys Inc
CELEBRATING 11th ANNIVERSARY 2000-2011
G-Mail : naresh09.sriveninfo...@gmail.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at