Title: Java Designer/Architect
Duration: 6 months
Location: NYC - CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL TO NYC!!
Detailed Job Description:
The Senior Web Architect will be responsible for a lead role in the design,
testing and maintenance of internal and external web-based applications.
Primary areas of responsibility include customer self-service applications and
web-based interfaces into our subscriber management system for use by customer
* Bachelor Degree
* 10 years of relevant experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Show enthusiasm and a sense of ownership for the system and its
components that are vital to the success of the business.
* Model system behaviors using best practice methods for communicating
architecture and design.
* Interpret business requirements and accurately reflect these
requirements in the design.
* Present design solutions to the business and development teams.
* Ensure designs are consistent with the existing architecture.
* Ensure timely and accurate delivery of assignments.
* Follow high level of standards across all levels of design work.
* Work closely with other areas of the company including business teams
and other design/development teams.
* Contribute to the specification and transition to development of
unit, system, integration, stress and user acceptance testing.
* Design to performance requirements in an effort to ensure that all
applications are highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic.
* Anticipate and resolve technical problems and solve difficult
* Recommend and promote new technologies and best practices to enable
us to better support our customers.
* Recommend tools and utilities for design, development, testing and
management of web-based applications.
* Perform code reviews to ensure that code is compliant with design and
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good public speaking and presentation skills
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and
multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* 10+ years Java, J2EE, JSP development experience.
* 5+ years Java/J2EE design experience
* 5+ years MVC Framework experience: Struts2, Spring MVC or similar
AJAX, DHTML and JS libraries (eg jQuery/DOJO/ExtJs etc)
* HTML, CSS, strong understanding of browser compatibility issues.
* XML, XSL, processing/parsing.
* Candidate must have strong structured methodology experience
* Strong J2EE/OO Design patterns experience
* Experience with implementing common design patterns
* Webservice design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling,
* Use of Unified Modeling Language (UML) to conceive a design
* Knowledge of web security standards and how to apply them
* SQL and common database knowledge (Oracle 10g)
* Basic UNIX experience.
* Source code control systems: eg CVS
* Build processes and Ant/Maven.
* Experience with large scale, high volume web-based applications.
* Experience with internationalization.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at