- Project Duration: *12-18 months*
- Location:* Boston-MA*
- Interview Process:* Telephonic and In-person *
- Rate:* DOE*
*HRMS Oracle/PeopleSoft Upgrade Project Technical Lead*
*Upgrade the existing V9.0 HRCMS* (Human Resources Compensation Management
System) an Oracle/PeopleSoft application, which is the primary source for
Time and Labor, Human Resources and Payroll data.
An individual with a minimum *of 7 years Oracle/PeopleSoft T&L, HR, and
Payroll experience with at least 2 completed PeopleSoft upgrades*. We
for candidates with upgrade experience that include applications: 50,000 or
greater employee population size, 2,000 or greater core online user base
and terabyte sized databases. *
Qualified candidates must possess competence in *PeopleSoft version 9.0
and PeopleTools 8.51*, in areas *of Infrastructure and Architecture planning
*, The Technical Lead for the initiative will have the primary
responsibility of leading the Architecture aspects of the upgrade and will
need to collaborate with ITD’s Infrastructure Planning Group (IPG). The
candidate will be the primary point of contact and will create deliverables
in compliance to ITD standards, protocols and procedures.
Demonstrating service excellence, a pro-active and collaborative approach
to service delivery, the ability to lead a team and mentor other staff
members and a strong customer focus are all mandatory for the incumbent of
Specific tasks will be assigned by the HRCMS Project Managers within the
Enterprise Systems Services Group of (ITD). The candidate will perform
responsibilities to support ongoing production and the 9.2 upgrade
projects. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical direction and leadership
- Lead the development of technical deliverables and supporting
- Gain in-depth understanding of the business processes, technical
architecture and all components of the assigned application, including all
middleware and operating system components.
- Thoroughly identify customer requirements through fit-gap or
requirement sessions, and document the outcome using the current system
development methodology. The incumbent is expected to facilitate
requirements workshops when needed.
- Develop solutions that clearly and efficiently address the business
objectives identified. Create software architecture documents and models
according to the system development methodology.
- Ensure that work performed meets customer business needs and will
execute correctly and efficiently within a production environment by
implementing configuration changes, developing data mover scripts, creating
technical designs, developing code with a high level of proficiency,
performing detailed and thorough testing and actively participate in
- Complete status reports of all technical tasks, including updates and
presentations to both Senior and Executive Management teams.
- Assign and track all technical activities and resources to meet
project goals and schedules.
- Plan and coordinate technical activities in an established
- In partnership with ITD’s Technology Office and Operation’s staff,
maintain technical platforms for production and test environment to ensure
adherence to HR/CMS and ITD data security constraints and system
- Develop solutions that support a production application environment
running on a scheduled 24/7 basis. Investigate all issues and problem
solve according to published work flows.
- Remain current on job related l trends and product directions and
provide guidance to project staff.
- Minimum of 7 years Oracle/PeopleSoft T&L, HR, and Payroll experience
with at least 2 completed PeopleSoft upgrades.
- Experience with applications: 50,000 or greater employee population
size, 2,000 or greater core online user base and terabyte sized databases.
High level of understanding of IBM P770’s server, Oracle databases, and
knowledge of Oracle’s PIA, and UNIX administration and shell scripting.
- Experience with Web Servers, Application Servers and the Process
- Experience with all phases of testing including: unit, system
integration, and performance and user acceptance.
- Experience with performance tuning, online and batch programs in large
and complex environments.
- Extensive programming experience in the following technologies and
languages is highly desired: PeopleCode, SQL, SQR, Integration Broker,
Application Designer, Application Engine, Security, and Workflow
- Strong experience with AIX and UNIX shell scripting highly desired.
- PeopleSoft upgrade experience utilizing, Oracle Lab, Change
Assistant/Upgrade Assistant in an Oracle/UNIX-AIX environment highly
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organizational groups,
project teams and executive team members
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-matrix organization and maintain
working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to design and deliver options and recommendations based on
complex requirements, rules and procedures
- Public Sector experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with other HCM modules such as Payroll, Time & Labor,
and HR is desirable.
*Thanks and Regards,*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at